Help/Info with listing turkey lease

I own 100 plus acres and only deer hunt. Have considered leasing the land to a turkey hunter after deer season closes, annually. Wondered if you turkey hunters would consider this limited option and how much should I consider leasing it for, from February thru May. Attached is some of the hens on the 70 acres...This is in Upson County, GA

Attachments

• tukeys.JPG
    tukeys.JPG
    507.7 KB · Views: 49

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’d say $1-$2 an acre is what most pay for just turkey rights but if it’s in a good area and u find the right person you may get quite a bit more . I’d figure out what I wanted and put it in the lease section and see

delacroix

BANNED
If you aren't there during turkey season and it has gobbling on it, it is probably already being hunted.

A more serious answer is 100 acres has limited attraction for turkey hunting. Hardly worth the time to collect a fee for.

gobble79

I own 100 plus acres and only deer hunt. Have considered leasing the land to a turkey hunter after deer season closes, annually. Wondered if you turkey hunters would consider this limited option and how much should I consider leasing it for, from February thru May. Attached is some of the hens on the 70 acres...This is in Upson County, GA

Pm sent

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
If you aren't there during turkey season and it has gobbling on it, it is probably already being hunted.

A more serious answer is 100 acres has limited attraction for turkey hunting. Hardly worth the time to collect a fee for.
I killed 3 gobblers on 10 acres this year. I was calling them off of 2 different 100 acre tracts that are loaded with turkeys. I’d pay $10/ acre for turkey rights on either one of those tracts

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have a small track that’s a little over a hundred acres that we kill 3-4 every season off of , only killed 2 this season (my dad) and I could of killed a few but always had my daughter with the gun , but we take very good care of the turkeys on it , trapping , chufa , clover , also burn what we can . I think no matter the size u get out of the land what u put in it

Latest posts