Lease

Jim Boyd

The property owner wants someone to pay him 9500 a year to have the privledge of maintianing his land for him. And have his food plots planted and "maintained" for him.
Do you not believe he is not going to hunt all your work, your crazy.
And it leased, maybe I should lease my 38ac, let someone cut/plant my fields and pastures, cut trees, spray and everything else, and allow 1 deer of either sex.

Cameras generally would ID if someone was trying to hunt after leasing the property out.

I have leased a good many farms and have never had this issue. (Have 4 leased at the moment - 7 tracts).

Not saying the farm is a good deal but it sounds like cynical paranoia to me.

I say it all the time - relationships trump all and they are built on trust.

Earned and not blind, but trust nonetheless.

Everyone’s mileage may vary.

mattb78

really I think hunters should be restricted to the county they live in and not issued a license outside of their area.
Agreed. Non resident means non resident. Why should somebody from North GA be able to hunt middle Georgia? They aren't paying taxes in that county.

Timber companies will never allowing anything like that, they want competition for their leases and they have big political pull.

Bucaramus

I saw that on BC when it was listed and was pretty much shocked by the price. One of my sons hunted pretty close to their a little while back and theft in the area will most likely be a problem. We pay a god bit now for 135 local acres and see a ton of deer and even kill a decent one from time to time but it's not the same as spending a weekend at the club. I figured on this one by the time you worked in equipment costs and everything else to maintain the plots you could be looking at $60 an acre. We GON just keep looking until we find something decent. Seen a nice one last year in Washington county and was all of about an hour late of getting them the deposit. Here's to hoping something will come around.

I will say this though, the days of GOOD and CHEAP hunting clubs are gone. Cheap ones are still around, but you get what you pay for. I'm looking for a GOOD one at this point and know it's not gonna be cheap.

Sometimes wish I wouldn't have turned over my Wilkinson lease, but again, most time I don't!

Gbr5pb

I just hate the fact the lord has blessed me with 2 and a half grandsons who I would love to take hunting but after losing our lease to being sold I don’t think I can keep them interested enough to hunt public land!

uturn

It really is about ones own purse and perspective isn’t it!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I keep saying it… Our state needs to jack up non res license fees to a minimum of $1500. Cut a bunch of them out.

Our state has enough residents already competing for happy hunting grounds driving the lease prices up.
Yeah & while we're at it let's jack those Florida non resident fishing licenses up to a minimum of $1000. Plus the ramp fees.
Or whatever it is you like to do out of your home state.
You haven't seen crowded until you try scalloping in the Big Bend.

Buckman18

Yeah & while we're at it let's jack those Florida non resident fishing licenses up to a minimum of $1000. Plus the ramp fees.
Or whatever it is you like to do out of your home state.
You haven't seen crowded until you try scalloping in the Big Bend.

Deal.

Florida has NOTHING that I want.

furtaker

"Deer and turkey lease only".

I take it killing rabbits, squirrels, coyotes, and pigs is grounds for dismissal?

Mike 65

I lease a piece in Henry co. for $15 an acre. The place next to me gets $55 an acre. Same landowner. We hunting the same deer. I can’t believe they are paying that kind of $ for it.

Buckman18

But you are only 1 of millions.

Didn’t Florida change its entire income tax structure to get more more from non residents vs residents?

Face it. Georgia has something you want, and for too many years we’ve been giving it away. It’s nothing personal, it’s only money and you should be paying more of it to my state for what you get from it.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Didn’t Florida change its entire income tax structure to get more more from non residents vs residents?

Face it. Georgia has something you want, and for too many years we’ve been giving it away. It’s nothing personal, it’s only money and you should be paying more of it to my state for what you get from it.
But I don't hunt in Ga.
:bounce: :bounce: