Lease

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
The lease in the original post allows 25.6 deer to be killed per square mile.

How many der do they have PSM there?

You ballers keep paying those high prices. Me and my lifetime license will either be on public land or spotlighting on Snows Mill Road with KMac riding shotgun (riding rifle actually).

Mexican Squealer

Only rub I’ve got is folks having to pay for non resident licenses who own property in the state.. As far as lease prices, I’m good with letting the market determine lease pricing. It’s simple supply and demand. If you don’t want the property, good. If you do, good. Spend your money the way you see fit and don’t get all tore up how the next fella spends his. Public land is plentiful and I’d think anyone wanting to hunt can swing the price of admission. My SC leases go up every season and there are a slough of folks in line to get them the day I decide to stop leasing. I don’t fault my landowners nor the folks who keep trying to go around me to get them. There is a high demand. That’s where relationships come in.

davidhelmly

I guess it just depends on what you’re looking for, if you “need” to kill 2 bucks and a truckload of does every year no matter what the property can take, it’s probably not for you. If on the other hand the property has been really managed, has a good age class of older bucks and is surrounded by property that is managed likewise it could be a heck of a nice property.
Thankfully not all hunters see things the same or hunt the same.

rstallings1979

Only rub I’ve got is folks having to pay for non resident licenses who own property in the state.. As far as lease prices, I’m good with letting the market determine lease pricing. It’s simple supply and demand. If you don’t want the property, good. If you do, good. Spend your money the way you see fit and don’t get all tore up how the next fella spends his. Public land is plentiful and I’d think anyone wanting to hunt can swing the price of admission. My SC leases go up every season and there are a slough of folks in line to get them the day I decide to stop leasing. I don’t fault my landowners nor the folks who keep trying to go around me to get them. There is a high demand. That’s where relationships come in.
I agree with you on supply and demand. Where has all the demand come? It was just a few years ago I saw people posting about decrease in hunter numbers across the country but that has completely flipped. Population growth…maybe. Loss of ground due to development…maybe. I see the Georgia Florida complaints being posted but it’s happening across the country. Guys who have been hunting public land for elk in Montana for the last 30 years are now overrun with new hunters and it’s everywhere. Will an economic reset or downturn solve some of the problem? I am not sure. There are still lots of disposable income still out there thanks to our politicians horrible decisions during covid (both republican and democrat).

Buck70

I constantly hear about some on here think it is a great idea to dramaticly raise out of state license fees. Well Florida does have something that a lot of Georgia residents want and that is the Osceola turkey. Can't kill one in Georgia. Most of the people on this site would love to come to the Big Bend or Panhandle and fish or gather scallops or go further south for an Osceola turkey. Florida's out of state licenses are probably one of the best deals in the country for non-residents. It is not the people from Florida that "ruin the hunting" for Georgia residents and it it is not the residents of North Carolina or Georgia that ruin South Carolina hunting.

HavocLover

Yeah, I would be weary of that one. I’m always kinda skeptical when the owner is a hunter or has interest in hunting too. This ad in particular, sounds like to me you’re grooming the property to his liking and in a few years time, whenever he’s pleased with the quality of deer the place is turning out, he can just strip you of the lease.

On base camp, I noticed there’s a lot of properties with 2 common clauses that I always immediately discredit. 1 common one is, “the landowner wants to be notified when you’re planning to be on the property.” I get it, he wants to know if he sees a truck or a person in the field, “oh that’s ol Jack out there. No worries.” But me as a consumer, I also feel like that clause screams, “landowner wants to know that way him-himself or whoever else can plan on being elsewhere and not hunting the property during that time.” Another common one I see that scares me is, “landowner hunts gun season so this is for bow season only.” Or something along those lines. That too scares me. You don’t know these folks and we all know folks go crazy over deer these days. It can be so competitive. So kinda a conflict of interest to me to be leasing from someone that has the same interest as you, for the same goal you’re leasing the place for. Killing deer and likely big deer.

Maybe I’m wrong and I’m over thinking it, but that’s just always been my opinion on it. I’ll tell ya what, with those rules in place, I’d be curious to know the future of the place say after the lease owner gets pics of those 5 bucks and all are 150” or 1 buck that’s pushing 200”. All hypothetical and stretching it, I know… but, I’d bet there would be a substantial price increase for the following year or just loose the place all together.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Yeah, I would be weary of that one. I’m always kinda skeptical when the owner is a hunter or has interest in hunting too. This ad in particular, sounds like to me you’re grooming the property to his liking and in a few years time, whenever he’s pleased with the quality of deer the place is turning out, he can just strip you of the lease.

On base camp, I noticed there’s a lot of properties with 2 common clauses that I always immediately discredit. 1 common one is, “the landowner wants to be notified when you’re planning to be on the property.” I get it, he wants to know if he sees a truck or a person in the field, “oh that’s ol Jack out there. No worries.” But me as a consumer, I also feel like that clause screams, “landowner wants to know that way him-himself or whoever else can plan on being elsewhere and not hunting the property during that time.” Another common one I see that scares me is, “landowner hunts gun season so this is for bow season only.” Or something along those lines. That too scares me. You don’t know these folks and we all know folks go crazy over deer these days. It can be so competitive. So kinda a conflict of interest to me to be leasing from someone that has the same interest as you, for the same goal you’re leasing the place for. Killing deer and likely big deer.

Maybe I’m wrong and I’m over thinking it, but that’s just always been my opinion on it. I’ll tell ya what, with those rules in place, I’d be curious to know the future of the place say after the lease owner gets pics of those 5 bucks and all are 150” or 1 buck that’s pushing 200”. All hypothetical and stretching it, I know… but, I’d bet there would be a substantial price increase for the following year or just loose the place all together.
That certainly could be very valid concerns

ucfireman

HavocLover said everything I was thinking.
By the way: GO FRAWGS!!! STOMP THEM dogs!
Is a "horned frog" the same as a Horney(***** got censored) toad?

GO DAWGS!!!!!!