Henry Warranty?

gantt

i have two Henry lever .22 rifles for my boys, and they are very nice rifles. i ran across a used one last week and bought it. its a little rough, i shot it last week and i think the barrel is worn out, has a 5 inch spread at 50 yards. gave it a proper cleaning since no one seems to clean a .22 rifle these days, no change.
i tried to call Henry to talk to them, because i don't think this is a warranty concern, it seems the rifle is just neglected or worn out. before i send it out to them and waste my and their time, does anyone have a personal exp or opinion on this? i'd hate to mislead them, i am not the original owner, and the rifle looks like its seem some shooting to say the least. i just don't want to send it in, and them tell me its a non warranty issue and then either pay to send back a worn out rifle or dump money in it and maybe wind up with more than the cost of a brand new one

gantt

It is hard to shoot out a 22 barrel.

Hit it with JB bore paste and or any and every lead and copper cleaning solvent you have. Scrub scrub scrub.

Try again and get back.
i did a decent job of cleaning it, but it was very dirty. one of the worst i've seen. I'll get some copper solvent and retry. to be honest i never had any issues with copper. i may be one of the few people that do not run a million rounds through a .22 rifle.

fauxferret

I've sent several rifles back to Henry. I will say do not expect them to fix the cosmetic issues, the only caveat on that is if it's deemed easier to replace than it is to repair. I say this because I had a customer who was upset when they had us send a rifle back to Henry for them and they didn't fix a big gouge that said customer had put into the side of the goldenboy rifle. He initially brought it in saying it wouldn't cycle 38 special ammo, it was a 357 chambered rifle. I had to explain that wadcutters usually don't feed in any firearm other that a revolver or a S&W 52. Instead of trying to educate the customer I just wrote the work order and called Henry. Three weeks later rifle is back, customer is upset about the scratch still being there. Well they never said anything about it or asked me to ask Henry about it.

Henry has a pretty good turn around time on their service claims. If it is genuinely not grouping talk to Henry call them in the morning when they open up easiest way to get a human. The one time I had to send one of my personal rifles to them I was kinda upset because they deemed it easier to replace than to fix.

bullgator

Copper solvent won’t help. There are no .22lr bullets with jackets. There are only copper washed bullets that are still lead engaging the rifling.
Try wrapping some OOOO steel wool around a jag and wet it with a light machine oil for 2-3 passes.

gantt

Copper solvent won’t help. There are no .22lr bullets with jackets. There are only copper washed bullets that are still lead engaging the rifling.
Try wrapping some OOOO steel wool around a jag and wet it with a light machine oil for 2-3 passes.
thanks, i admit i am not well versed on cleaning. i guess i don't shoot enough to have had an issue. all i do is field strip and clean with Hoppes then oil or grease depending on the application. brush and patches through the bore with hoppes.

gantt

just an update. i did a complete disassembly, cleaned and reassembled. she shoots like it should. 50 yards soda can all day on iron sights. i pulled a lot of lead from the barrel. the action was clean, at first glance since the rest of the rifle was clean i assumed the barrel was too. no need to send the rifle in now. thanks guys for the advice

WishboneW

just an update. i did a complete disassembly, cleaned and reassembled. she shoots like it should. 50 yards soda can all day on iron sights. i pulled a lot of lead from the barrel. the action was clean, at first glance since the rest of the rifle was clean i assumed the barrel was too. no need to send the rifle in now. thanks guys for the advice
I love a happy ending