Herbicide question...

ChattBuck

I use the same concentration as you, 2 oz to the gallon of water, and I always wait till 2 weeks to judge the results. It always kills but sometimes it kills slowly.

Long Cut

Pump is working well. I think its a couple of things. I got better results on the bahia with the sethoxydim than I originally thought. After 7 days it is turning yellow. The field grass is already yellow/brown.
In the new plot there is more yellowing and browning today than yesterday. Going to check on it again and respray next weekend if I need to. I think the grass and weeds were too high in some spots. My spray rig is pretty low to keep drift down. Also, I had it on setting 2 and probably needed #3.

I’d wait until 14-20 days after the first application and spray again (if necessary). Depending on the herbicide, surfactant use, fertilizer use, weed height, growth stage, time of year, drought or no drought can all come into play with herbicide efficiency.

The only herbicide IMO you’ll truly see immediate results would be Gramaxone aka Paraquat. The rest are going to take 7-14 days to show results because of the variables I listed above.

davel

I’d wait until 14-20 days after the first application and spray again (if necessary). Depending on the herbicide, surfactant use, fertilizer use, weed height, growth stage, time of year, drought or no drought can all come into play with herbicide efficiency.

The only herbicide IMO you’ll truly see immediate results would be Gramaxone aka Paraquat. The rest are going to take 7-14 days to show results because of the variables I listed above.
I'm going to check again this weekend which would be 14 days and see how it looks. Thanks for the advice

HDDyna06

I just experienced the same results. Was wondering if I got a bad batch of Gly. Always had great results and utilized the same rate and applicator. I'm looking at toasting it again as the "nut grass" appears to be hanging tough this year.

davel

One of my nozzles seems to have an issues because there is a gap in the fan. I will clean it but I got 2 sets of nozzles with my sprayer. Which one should I be using? Green or blue for glyphosate?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-121700_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-121700_Drive.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 8

doomtrpr_z71

One of my nozzles seems to have an issues because there is a gap in the fan. I will clean it but I got 2 sets of nozzles with my sprayer. Which one should I be using? Green or blue for glyphosate?
That's all depending on what GPA your trying to apply.

davel

That's all depending on what GPA your trying to apply.
This is the first year I have ever sprayed anything. I was told 2 quarts per acre. Put my setting on 3 which is supposed to be 3 oz per gallon. Sprayer is 40-60psi. So I have no clue what that table means when its .40 gallons per minute. They tell you quarts, ounces, but not how much is coming out at gym. I guess I'm dumber than I thought.

davel

This is the first year I have ever sprayed anything. I was told 2 quarts per acre. Put my setting on 3 which is supposed to be 3 oz per gallon. Sprayer is 40-60psi. So I have no clue what that table means when its .40 gallons per minute. They tell you quarts, ounces, but not how much is coming out at gpm. I guess I'm dumber than I thought.

doomtrpr_z71

This is the first year I have ever sprayed anything. I was told 2 quarts per acre. Put my setting on 3 which is supposed to be 3 oz per gallon. Sprayer is 40-60psi. So I have no clue what that table means when its .40 gallons per minute. They tell you quarts, ounces, but not how much is coming out at gym. I guess I'm dumber than I thought.
Using the settings you have you are looking at 21gpa if you want 3oz gallon for 2 qts, you need the green tip at 50psi sprayed at 8mph.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Put so e water in the tank and turn on the pump sitting in place.Step ba k an look for consistent spray pattern with all nozzles.
I had to adjust my nozzles because I was missing spray in the middle of the 4 wheeler track.
Also as suggested above.Clean and flush the tank,lines and zozzles after every use.
I take my zozzles/screens off to flush mine.

davel

Put so e water in the tank and turn on the pump sitting in place.Step ba k an look for consistent spray pattern with all nozzles.
I had to adjust my nozzles because I was missing spray in the middle of the 4 wheeler track.
Also as suggested above.Clean and flush the tank,lines and zozzles after every use.
I take my zozzles/screens off to flush mine.
I only have 2 nozzles. Spray coverage is good except for one nozzle has a small gap in spray