Hey Nic

Big7

The Oracle
I`ve only seen one crocodile in the wild.
I seen several Saltwater at Turkey Point around 2003. Was in a boat not very close but my buddy that owned the boat said he knew they were Crocs because they had a little sanctuary there and Gators might go in brackish if they had to but not straight up saltwater.

If I remember right around 6 or 7. Never seen a real Croc up close but seen a bunch of Gator in Fla. Ga, and a few in SC.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I seen several Saltwater at Turkey Point around 2003. Was in a boat not very close but my buddy that owned the boat said he knew they were Crocs because they had a little sanctuary there and Gators might go in brackish if they had to but not straight up saltwater.

If I remember right around 6 or 7. Never seen a real Croc up close but seen a bunch of Gator in Fla. Ga, and a few in SC.
Yep. Those canals at Turkey Point have one of the few remaining breeding populations of crocs in North America. My firm does a lot of 'water quality' work in/around those canals. The crocs are heavily surveyed and protected.

pjciii

So reading this, are you saying that we have salt water Crocs in the US? I thought that was solely an Australian thing.

Big7

The Oracle
So reading this, are you saying that we have salt water Crocs in the US? I thought that was solely an Australian thing.
Yes. There are some in way South Florida that I know of and maybe other places. Not sure where there might be others.

Big7

The Oracle
Check that.
Looks like S Florida is the only place in the US but a lot Mexico, Central America and Northern South America has plenty of them.

Them bigger Asian, African and Australian monsters are the ones known to actually hunt humans although I wouldn't want to get to close to an American Saltwater Croc either.

pjciii

Check that.
Looks like S Florida is the only place in the US but a lot Mexico, Central America and Northern South America has plenty of them.

Them bigger Asian, African and Australian monsters are the ones known to actually hunt humans although I wouldn't want to get to close to an American Saltwater Croc either.

Right. I remember reading about that Soccer player in Mexico or Central America that was having a picnic and swim. Croc got him and dragged him under water held him there and then stuffed him under some underwater downed trees for a snack.later

Big7

The Oracle
Right. I remember reading about that Soccer player in Mexico or Central America that was having a picnic and swim. Croc got him and dragged him under water held him there and then stuffed him under some underwater downed trees for a snack.later
Meant to link this. Sorry.