Hog box trap needed

Hiccup

Anyone know where I can buy a hog box trap in South Georgia? Tractor Supply used to have them in stock locally but not any more. Thanks in advance.

2dye4

I’d try a Pig Brig. They seem to work well and I’m probably going to order one if my hog problem continues. At this time I’ve got them somewhat under control.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s a great start , I’ve seen a few people have great success with that same style trap . Easy to move also

longrangedog

I would suggest skipping the box trap which will educate many hogs to avoid traps and catch few. My corral trap consists of 6 goat panels ($300) and twenty four 6.5" t posts which I already had. Two people can set one up in a couple hours and you might as well leave it in place because you're going to have more hogs later (you'll never run out). Mine has been in place 3 years and over those three years we've caught over 60. Our largest catch was 13 on Thursday night 3-24-22. There is a trapping method with a corral trap that will increase the effectiveness (and numbers) of your trap. The 13 caught a couple days ago was the entire sounder. If you decide to go with a corral trap contact me and I'll talk you through it.

Last edited:

Hiccup

I would suggest skipping the box trap which will educate many hogs to avoid traps and catch few. My corral trap consists of 6 goat panels ($300) and twenty four 6.5" t posts which I already had. Two people can set one up in a couple hours and you might as well leave it in place because you're going to have more hogs later (you'll never run out). Mine has been in place 3 years and over those three years we've caught over 60. Our largest catch was 13 on Thursday night 3-24-22. There is a trapping method with a corral trap that will increase the effectiveness (and numbers) of your trap. The 13 caught a couple days ago was the entire sounder. If you decide to go with a corral trap contact me and I'll talk you through it.
Good advice. What type of gate did you use?