Hollis Q Lathem

hopper

I've definitely been thinking of heading over there but somthing always comes up. Use to fish it a couple times a week. Definitely would like to know how the fishing has been. If you head out let us know how it goes.

RamblinWreck

I fish there every week. Slow, but getting better. Found some shellcracker today, forgot all about the crappie. Kept 5 for supper, released the rest. Biggest was 11" 0.9 lb.
crk1.jpg
crk2_noex.jpg
crk3_noex.jpg
crk4_noex.jpeg

Makings of a fine fricasee!
crkrfilet_noex.jpeg

jocko755

Nice - do they run those bait feeder stations at all? Probably some big bluegills in the vicinity.

I've been disappointed with HL. It used to have a decent Largemouth population, but more and more - its spotted bass.

RamblinWreck

Nice - do they run those bait feeder stations at all? Probably some big bluegills in the vicinity.

I've been disappointed with HL. It used to have a decent Largemouth population, but more and more - its spotted bass.
I don't fish for bass there - my main target species are crappie and redear/bluegill. I do catch plenty bass by accident. Biggest LM was around 9, biggest spot around 5, but mostly they are small. Also, I've never fished around those feeders much - they run them during closed hours during summer, mostly. They aren't really a factor for me, I've never caught very many fish around them.

RamblinWreck

Caught this pig 'cracker Monday, along with a few more. 1.23 lbs 11.5", she fought like a demon, stripping drag. I thought she was a spot.
crk040124_6_noex.jpg
SC_weight040124_noex.jpeg
crk040124_5_noex.jpg

hopper

RamblinWreck

I'm a die-hard ultralight guy now. I by-catch all the bass I want. I landed my PB LM and spotted bass on ultralight.

RamblinWreck

Case in point. This 2.8 lb Lathem spot gave me all I wanted on ultralight/3lb test, after it hit my wiggler. Released with sore lip.
HQLbass1.jpeg