How do you sell a higher end rifle safely?

pacecars

I wouldn't go to the trouble of having a dealer ship it unless that is the only way the receiving dealer will accept it (which is stupid and not required by law) I have shipped many Shiloh Sharps and Mannlicher-Schoenauer rifles with no problems.

SC Hunter

Thinking back I've met 2 guys at bass pro shops in Macon, 1 at barrows, one guy at the summit store up around Atlanta, chic fil a in leesburg, Mc Donald's in leesburg, a convenient store in Forsyth, cracker barrel in Perry etc etc etc. I usually try to do it at a restaurant so we can get lunch afterwards. Don't overthink the process, they have money and I had a gun or vice versa.

weagle

There's a gun show nearly every weekend around Atlanta. If they are a serious buyer for a $2000 + gun , they won't mind paying the $10 to get in. Plus if they crawfish you might find another buyer at the show.

ryanh487

I usually meet for gun sales at walmarts or QTs. Both have cameras outside, I park in view of one. I always carry, always get there early, and always let someone know who I'm meeting and where. No issues so far. I'm more flexible on locations when a second armed person is able to accompany me, but still don't sell anything from my house.

SC Hunter

I usually meet for gun sales at walmarts or QTs. Both have cameras outside, I park in view of one. I always carry, always get there early, and always let someone know who I'm meeting and where. No issues so far. I'm more flexible on locations when a second armed person is able to accompany me, but still don't sell anything from my house.
This^ especially with the second person. I'll meet you about anywhere if my brother or dad are with me.

GunnSmokeer

I've sold a bunch of guns over the last 20 years. Through ads I placed in Thrifty Nickle, AJC, Marietta Daily Journal, and, now in the internet age, Craigslist, Facebook, the ODT, RimfireCentral, and Georgiapacking.

If you don't want strangers coming to your house, schedule a meeting during the daytime in a busy public location, like a shopping center. I like sporting goods stores, because people there don't freak out if they see somebody standing near the open trunk of a car or bed of a pickup, handling a gun (keeping the muzzle pointed at the ground or the floorboards of the vehicle, of course).

I've never met anybody at a police station, but I would go there if a seller wanted me to, and I wanted the gun he was selling.

I feel better doing this in the parking lots of businesses that I patronize. Wal-Mart (stores out in the country where hunting and shooting are bigtime hobbies of the local residents.) Academy Sports, Bass Pro, and Cabelas. And Waffle House. I eat there a lot, and I've done a few deals in their parking lot.