Builds and associated parts lead times

rmp

I need to check those out. Thanks. Chassis are a love hate thing. Never tried one but a sure enough long range guy I know swears by them.

Just so happens I sold the McMillan off my .280 AI. :unsure:

Jester896

Senior Clown
about as close as I have come is adding an Area419 rat rail to the bottom on my Manners T2-A to get the bipod out from under the stock.

rmp

I think I can get past the aesthetics but have struggled with vertical grip stocks.
Just feels unnatural for me but probably time to try again. It’s always a work in progress.

Jester896

Senior Clown
The only ones I have used are AICS and MPA and they don't feel that different to me.

I am now 90 days overdue on the stock for my Dasher

rmp

I am now 90 days overdue on the stock for my Dasher

I understand things can happen but 3 months overdue is very aggravating. Especially when the manufacturers are the ones setting the timeline, not the customer.

ChidJ

I'm at about a year on a couple barrels. Nothing to be done about it, though. Gotta sit and wait

Jester896

Senior Clown
I'm at about a year on a couple barrels. Nothing to be done about it, though. Gotta sit and wait

True... you ordered the barrels knowing they were 8-12 mo out and were willing to wait. I ordered in Feb for an end of March delivery...still not here..sitting and waiting watching the group shoot their Dashers :sick:

I just read somewhere else that these stock are running about a 12 mo delivery from order date

Last edited:

ChidJ

yeah, I would rather someone say it'll be four months than them say it'll be a month and take 3

just sent my smith a message to see if lead times are still around a year. I may just get another in queue pre-emptively. If I start knocking coyotes down more regularly, this 6 Creedmoor may not last a year haha

rmp

yeah, I would rather someone say it'll be four months than them say it'll be a month and take 3
Exactly. Just give it to me straight… or tell me you can’t take on the work due to backlog. Stringing me along doesn’t get forgotten. Undersell me and let me be surprised when it shows early.

rmp

Crazy times. For some items, I don’t mind the wait so much. Guess it’s all what you can get your mind around..so to speak.

I picked up a Bart 6.5mm 8 twist from Greg Young when it came in stock and a 308 Krieger from Speedy Gonzalez. Sometimes it works out great if you’re not looking for something too customized.

?