How many pay attention to the stock market? Who is excited about the down turn?

Dub

For now they're all still standing.

urn-publicid-ap-org-31ee1e4a39424f4b8ddcf071d831557bMusic-The_Rolling_Stones_40914-780x548.jpg

Against all odds......they are still up & running.

Amazing run it's been, too.

Should be a great show.

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
Bassboy, yes dollar cost averaging. I didn't say I didn't already have money in the market. I buy on dips and never sell. This is a dip. If it goes to 16,000 then I will have saved and put more in on that dip. When I buy I don't sell. So I agree

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
For now they're all still standing.

urn-publicid-ap-org-31ee1e4a39424f4b8ddcf071d831557bMusic-The_Rolling_Stones_40914-780x548.jpg
Pretty sure Ron Wood died years ago, was mummified, and they prop him up for photo ops.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
It does not bother me. However it drives the wife crazy. I tell her to quit worrying about it, and to quit watching it every day. The stock market goes up and the stock market goes down.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Some famous economist said to never get off the rollercoaster at the bottom.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I'm in it for the long haul and riding it out now.
I had a vision of taking a little out when the roller coaster first started going down and then putting it all back in for more shares after it dropped.
Going to be really serious about it the next election cycle for sure, or if I see something worse coming between now and then.

sinclair1

We changed our strategy 10 years ago. We invest in real estate and barely anything in the market except our little 6% company match 401k. We didn't do this because it is better financially, we did it because we wanted to enjoy our investments as we age. You can't cast a lure off a stock certificate or get a good nights sleep off a portfolio.
The paper is a old age game that we didn't want to play

bassboy1

No offense but you sound like a guy I used to work with who sold scamway and was convinced he would be driving a prevost by now and cleanin his hiney with hunerd dollar bills but instead he's still working 8-5 and driving a beater and I'd be willing to bet your'e no billionaire either or you wouldn't be on here handing out free advice to the minions on how to make billions off other people.

I feel like you may have misunderstood my point, and rereading my post, I can see why, as I could have phrased that last paragraph better.

The whole point of that post was to simply stay the course, add to your investments consistently, and let the historical trends of the overall market increasing over time be the source of gains, NOT to get caught up in the get rich schemes of trying to time the market to achieve faster gains.

The last sentence of my other post was tongue in cheek - basically saying if you had an accurate way of predicting the future of the market, the entirety of wall street would be tearing your door down, and you could name your price. In that situation, you'd be so loaded that you'd never need to invest in the market.

That's so clearly a pipe dream because no one is able to accurately predict it. Hence why I say it's better to stay with it for the haul than to try the short term get rich games.

I don't claim credit for any of my investing plan - I've adopted it straight from Jack Bogle (founder of Vanguard). I've just decided his plan to be the best bet for us.

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Bogleheads®_investment_philosophy

elfiii

Admin
Staff member