How Many Went From Modern To Traditional

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Ken,
You talk'n about the hunt we all went to up at Pine Log ?
This is Jerald !

choctawlb

Re: Pine Log

Yes you ole goat, how are ya doing?:cheers:
Didn't recognize ya with the Carrolton address, thought you were down on the coast now. Hope you and yours are all well? Good to hear from ya.
Ken

FVR

Yeh, Jerald, been meaning to ask ya about that Carrollton addy. I thought you were in Brunswick?

Ya trying ta trick us?

fflintlock

It says Brunswick, not Carrollton !!
yea, I changed it after I read Ken's post.
We need to get another hunt going, this time leave the smokepoles at home and take the bows.
Jerald

Alan in GA

I'm waiting,,,

for a chance to once again shoot a recurve or long bow. I started with sticks and "weed shaft" arrows in the 1950s as a kid. Got a solid fiberglass 45# bow from Dad in the 1960s. Then bought a Red Wing Hunter 52" 47# recurve about 1968. Bought my first compound, a PSE Mach 1.5 in 1985. Bought a Switchback in 2005. Buying a Ross 331 this week. PSE replaced my 1985 Mach 1.5 for FREE in 2005! {great service}.
Now, I did try a long bow that an aquaintence let me use about 5 years ago. Neat,,but I did not get the "bug". I wish I could remember his name,,he lives in Lake Summerset just off Dallas Hwy in west Cobb county [you out there?].
I would love to try recurves and long bows again to see if they are someing I could 'once again' bring into the house, and shoot in the back yard for enjoyment.
I don't know anyone nearby that shoots them. I do enjoy talking to the gentleman that attends some of the Marietta Civic Center gun shows that sets up with 'stick bows'. Enjoyable guy to talk to.
I DO think I would enjoy BUILDING long bows! I have some metal tools [lathes], but I think a table for bow building would be great fun,,,if I knew how!
Alan in GA
Powder Springs

fflintlock

That's a few folks in , powder springs, my son lives there too !! Looks like we should be able to get something going, a freindly shoot perhaps ? I plan on being up there over the Easter weekend, if work don't interfere, Ya'll want to meet some where and do a little shoot'n and jaw'n . Of course, I do plan on beeing up that a way for the Primitive Festival, what say we all get together ?
Jerald

Man, you guys need to come to Appling in April! Although our shoot is open to compound hunters, take a look at our website and you'll see what's what! Russ, is coming, Al's got a conflict, but the rest of you guys take a look - especially at the photos and guest host sections. www.applingarchers.com Come play with us and we'll promise you a great time. Hal HOGTAMER Rowland