How much is too much

ucfireman

man selling watermelons in the parking lot, had a truck bed full.
$10 for a red about the size of a soccer ball.
$15 for an orange meat, I always called it yellow, about the size of a basket ball or so.
$20 for a red meat oblong old timey type. Not the great big one but 18-20 inches long.
Seems way too high.
How much y'all pay? Normally. Not when a craving hits.

sinclair1

man selling watermelons in the parking lot, had a truck bed full.
$10 for a red about the size of a soccer ball.
$15 for an orange meat, I always called it yellow, about the size of a basket ball or so.
$20 for a red meat oblong old timey type. Not the great big one but 18-20 inches long.
Seems way too high.
How much y'all pay? Normally. Not when a craving hits.
We paid $5 at the Savannah farmers market. Red kinda round seedless, not the old style

Gbr5pb

Gave $10 for a yellow got home it was too green and not fit to eat! Haven’t bought one since

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
In my case, I wouldn't want them if they were FREE. It started when my brother and I got a watermelon from our garden and took it down and put it in the creek for a couple of days. Then we went back down there and cut it and I ate "way more" than any human should ever eat at one time. Unfortunately, later that day, I got overheated and I must have "up-chucked" watermelon for a couple of hours afterwards. I've never like watermelons since.

So for me, I wouldn't pay much of anything for a watermelon.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
6 bucks for a green striped basketball from Honduras at Krogers around here. Or for the same price you can get a 11oz. plastic cup of it diced up.

Core Lokt

10.99 for a round one at the farmer's market over the weekend. I passed. I don't eat'm but was going to get one for the grandkids. Yeah, I'm cheap....

I got some nanners, nectarine's and grapes for less..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They're about $5-$10 for a fairly good sized one here.