How old do you think? Does he have drop tines?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
i agree with lungshot , but it’s hard to tell , is this the first picture you’ve got of him ? Maybe you’ll get another to confirm in a couple days , nice buck either way

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m going with dual perfect drops....they look sharp! Seeing the velvet coming off does make me wonder though. What a great buck! Love seeing the shedding of velvet!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
After looking at a close-up inspection, I don't believe that it is any drop-tines involved BUT it is actually the strip of velvet that has been rubbed loose of the actual "antler point" that is located straight up above each one of these "strips" of velvet hanging down. I believe that this buck had been doing some serious "rubbing" on a tree during the previous few hours. The other factor is I have never seen two drop-tines that would be so perfectly symmetrical as to hanging down exactly in the same angle and being about the same length.

Hopefully, when season arrives, you can get a super close up look with you also in the photo for the real truth. :cheers:

Twinkie .308

Could be double droptines. Reminds me of a deer my buddy killed. Faces have been changed to protect the ugly. I actually think it's an improvement ?20200820_185737.jpg

mhammock

After looking at a close-up inspection, I don't believe that it is any drop-tines involved BUT it is actually the strip of velvet that has been rubbed loose of the actual "antler point" that is located straight up above each one of these "strips" of velvet hanging down. I believe that this buck had been doing some serious "rubbing" on a tree during the previous few hours. The other factor is I have never seen two drop-tines that would be so perfectly symmetrical as to hanging down exactly in the same angle and being about the same length.

Hopefully, when season arrives, you can get a super close up look with you also in the photo for the real truth. :cheers:
Devils advocate have you seen velvet hanging down that was perfectly symmetrical? I guess we will see or hopefully see this season.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I hope that you get him and it is double droptines as that would be an awesome mount with lots of good hunting memories for sure.

I have only seen one droptine buck during my hunting career and it was about 5" long and just on one side and it looked to be more knarly looking as it was really crooked up a bunch. The main frame rack was a good sized 8 pointer that looked really symmetrical. I only saw it once and it was about 10 yards away BUT I never had a opportunity for a shot as it turned and went right back into the deep swamp area and none of us ever saw that buck again over the next 6-8 years either. Maybe someone else got it on the adjoining property.

I am looking forward for an update with photos of you and your buck along with details of of your hunt.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Look like drop tines to me. Nice buck.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Any more pics of this guy?