How Long do you Wait to Gut

If you’ve already shot them what’s the 22 in the top of the head for?
They don't ever get up when you do that. We have had more deer than I care to think about leave even after guys haver put their hands on them. Best 3 stories. A doe was shot and dragged over 100 yards to the road. He went and got the truck and she got up and ran off while he was gone. Next, guy shot 2 big bucks while they were fighting. Both dropped. He walks up to them, admiring his kills and watches with his mouth open as both dead deer get up and run off. Neither recovered. Guy shot large hog just the other day. Dropped.. Sat and kept hunting. Kills 2 more hogs. Goes up to first 1. Not dead. Wants the skull for mount. Goes and gets pistol (from truck) . Hog still alive. 2 +p .38's to body and hog gets up and goes after them. .308 ruins skull mount. 1 .22 round per animal would have prevented all that and so many more lost animals.

sghoghunter

They don't ever get up when you do that. We have had more deer than I care to think about leave even after guys haver put their hands on them. Best 3 stories. A doe was shot and dragged over 100 yards to the road. He went and got the truck and she got up and ran off while he was gone. Next, guy shot 2 big bucks while they were fighting. Both dropped. He walks up to them, admiring his kills and watches with his mouth open as both dead deer get up and run off. Neither recovered. Guy shot large hog just the other day. Dropped.. Sat and kept hunting. Kills 2 more hogs. Goes up to first 1. Not dead. Wants the skull for mount. Goes and gets pistol (from truck) . Hog still alive. 2 +p .38's to body and hog gets up and goes after them. .308 ruins skull mount. 1 .22 round per animal would have prevented all that and so many more lost animals.

Hogs I can see double tapping cause I’ve got a many videos on my phone where I’ll tap a hog a couple times if it’s laying there kicking around but I’ve never had a deer jump up from a good shot.

Like the title says, how long do y’all wait to gut?

Have permission to hunt a piece of property with a box blind that I’ve been told is great to bring kids, planning to bring my 4 year old daughter. I think we’ll be good to go with the shot, but she’s probably not ready for the cleaning process yet.

If possible, I plan to just wait until we get home to clean it.
Immediately