How Young for First Squirrel Hunt

sportsman94

Yep, planning on getting my (will be 4 in September) 3 year old a pink 22 this fall. She came squirrel hunting with me a few times last year. We had a blast walking around the woods and she was able to see me kill a few squirrels. She wanted to be apart of the cleaning as much as any other part. We are lucky that most of our squirrel hunts took place in the back yard so it was easy enough to call it quits when she was ready to go in

chase870

Possum Sox
Take her, make it fun, and leave her wanting more.

Look for bugs, flowers, artifacts, count birds, and if y'all see a squirrel all the better.

My oldest Grandboy, The Kid, started with a toy gun as soon as he could walk...

View attachment 1239255
This its never to young to take them. If they get bord and restless go look for other things in the woods I probably picked up enough box turtles turkey feathers, and shed antlers to fill a 18 wheeler with my daughter the first few years I took her

BigBass123

Went ahead and gave it a go today!

1 hour of tag and throwing rocks at trees, 45 minutes looking over a sunflower field with binoculars sitting on the roof of the truck, 40 minute drive, 20 minutes eating snacks, 10 minutes reviewing gun safety, 5 minutes of walking, 1.5 minutes of squirrel hunting .

She loved it though! Already asking to go next weekend. Calling it a win since she wants to be back on the woods, we’ll try to work on getting it to 10 minutes of squirrel hunting.

crackerdave

Sounds like you made a huntin' buddy!

Yall be careful of snakes and ticks.

Last edited: