Huge change with my bows aim point

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I had my bow sighted in and was consistantly shooting paper plate sized groups at 20 yards. I shot the other day and my aim point had dropped 18". Still shooting a good group.

I made a radical move with my penidulum however it is maxed out. I suspect my knock has moved. Has anyone ever had a knock move on your string? Does anyone else have a suggestion?

reylamb

Several thoughts here:

Your peep has moved down.

Your nock point has moved up.

You rest has moved.

Your strings and cables have crept alot.

Combinations of all of the above.

Paper tune the bow and see if you have a nock high tear, that would indicate either the nock point or the rest has moved.

Arrow Flinger

I agree with Relamb. If I had to guess on just one, I would guess your peep sight moved. I have never had a nock move. It would have to be real loose to slide on the string without having to twist it up or down. Are you using a single or double brass nock?

Arrow Flinger

Oh yea, does your pendulim lock down or were you shooting it free floating. If it is free floating, it could be sticking and not swinging free.

Boyd Green

I had the same problem

last year. I found that my string had stretched over an inch and everything was out of wack. :banginghe

Jasper

If it turns out that your peep or nock has moved, serve them in good once you get them set so it doesn't happen again.

Arrow Flinger

Jasper said:
If it turns out that your peep or nock has moved, serve them in good once you get them set so it doesn't happen again.

Good advice. I also add a drop of super glue to my servings and that helps too.

badcompany

GONetwork Member/Father of 2 seeds
practice

Once you find what happened and get it fixed, practice shooting alot. Don't settle for paper plate groups at 20yrds. With some practice you can get to dip can groups or better. ::;

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Arrow Flinger said:
I agree with Relamb. If I had to guess on just one, I would guess your peep sight moved. I have never had a nock move. It would have to be real loose to slide on the string without having to twist it up or down. Are you using a single or double brass nock?

Single knock

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
badcompany said:
Once you find what happened and get it fixed, practice shooting alot. Don't settle for paper plate groups at 20yrds. With some practice you can get to dip can groups or better. ::;

I used to shoot tight groups when I was younger. I am recovering from a rotator cuff injury and have shot only one practice session in the last 3 years. Now that my shoulder is working again (with the help of an ice pack after shooting) I can practice. I am limited to 20 arrows twice a day before I start feeling the pain pretty good.

You are right I do need more practice. I am glad to be able to shoot again.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
dbone said:
Howard ? Is it shooting far to the right :rofl:

No, it is shooting low. Old L.A. always advises us on ouji board night to be able to fly under an adversaries radar so shooting low is allowed.

Did you ever figure out who L.A. is?

I thought you would know off the top of your head.

badcompany

GONetwork Member/Father of 2 seeds
Shot placement

Well, I shot in the ASA classic today and I can't say much about my score for today :cry: , but tommorrow is another day. I would be scared to put a number on how many practice rounds i've shot since x-mas, you still have room for improvment. I wasn't trying to knock anybodies groups, just have become addicted to trying to become the best I can since starting this 3-D stuff.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Just got my bow back from Georgia Outdoor Sports. They found that my knock had moved. Cost me $5 to have it fixed.

reylamb

Ouch, $5 to move a nock..........You might want to take some measurements on everything, axle to axle, axle to peep, axle to nock and brace height. If it happens again you can just go back to the measurements and be able to move everything without having to pay them.....just something to think about.

Latest posts