Where do you buy your bow strings from

Fishin & Hunting

I was given a Browning Nomad Stalker recurve bow (made in 1971) from one of my co-workers. The bow finish is in rough shape, but the condition of the limbs looks great. Before I spend time refinishing it, I would like to shoot the bow. It takes a 52" AMO string. I usually used to get strings for my recurves from the Footed Shaft Archery store in Minnesota. It has been a while since I bought anything from then and now I see they have moved locations to Montana. I have a question for them before I buy a string for this bow, but I can't get them to respond.

Two questions:

Anyone know if they are still in business?

Where is another good company to get a good Flemish string?

Attachments

• bow1.png
    bow1.png
    642.8 KB · Views: 6
  • dcca1b37-9f63-4acb-aba5-e42ebf9e07d0.png
    dcca1b37-9f63-4acb-aba5-e42ebf9e07d0.png
    595.7 KB · Views: 6
  • eb5ea736-7e71-4d5e-ac37-19a68a240d80.png
    eb5ea736-7e71-4d5e-ac37-19a68a240d80.png
    674 KB · Views: 6

F.A.R.R.

Had good luck with getting them from 3 rivers or Kustom King.

There’s another shop called Lost Nation Archery I bought a bow from once. I wish I could remember the gentleman’s name but can’t - he was super friendly and helpful.

What type of string material are you wanting ? Since the bow was made in 71 may only handle Dacron ?

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I make my own from B50. Not that hard. If I was going to buy one, 3Rivers or Kustom King.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I make my own although it’s been a while since I’ve built one. B-50 is what I use on my longbows and self bows.

earlthegoat2

An archery shop local to me makes them.

I have also bought from Kustom King and 3 rivers.

Redbow

Three Rivers Archery has a video you can watch on making your own bow strings. Its easy to understand and you can make your own jig as well.

frankwright

Graws Custom Bowstrings on Facebook.
Message him and he will make you a good string for a reasonable price and get it to you pretty quickly!

deast1988

TTT on Facebook, Trevor Fielder won a certificate at Georgia Bowbenders kill shoot in August. Trevor did awesome, string is top notch and flawless.