Humpday eats.....anyone 'round here cooking anything tasty ?????

Dub

Middle of the week......had the day off.

Sorta wished I'd been at work, today, though.....at least I'd have been distracted and not tempted to check in on today's news reports. :rofl: Crazy times. I think I'll tune outa the news and get caught up on Kurt Sutter's latest show, The Mayans.

No matter what happens on Wall Street.......we gotta eat on our streets, right ?

What's everyone grilling/sautéing/frying/smoking....or even boiling ????

Post 'em up. Let's see some great eats.

My day started with good coffee and then cooked breakfast for the tribe. A proper feeding frenzy ensued and I was able to make a plate and snuck away without losing any limbs.....although I almost drew back a nub when I grabbed the last cheddar biscuit......heck, they'd killed all the scrambled cheesy eggs & I had to cook up a pair over easy on the fly.

Breafuss was tasty....but after a while I figured I'd need to get something respectable on the table for dinner.

A pot of Nic's Championship Chili was on my mind.

The poblano & jalapeño peppers were roasted slightly and worked into the pot after the ground beef was browned & drained. Everything was mixd up and brought to temp on the stove and then transferred to the crockpot so the magic could happen while I did some yard work.

Whatcha cooking tonight ?

Dub

Your heading in the right direction brother!

Thanks, man.

I just gave it a taste test.......this is gonna be a good pot of chili.

@Nicodemus gifted us all a most wonderful chili recipe for sure !!!!!!!

I just added a smallish amount of salt. I'm having a hard time not getting a bowl for myself right now. (y)

My daughter made Salisbury steak tonight!View attachment 946930

Oh yeah.....that looks mighty good !!!!

She hit a home run.

Dub

I have been at the farm all day, tired. I am thawing Chili from a big batch we made two weeks ago.

Well played....on both accounts....fun times at the farm....and having some chili on reserve to reheat & enjoy.

I'll likely freeze about 1/2 of this batch, too.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I needed my Farm Fix, that's what Wifey Poo calls it anyway.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I needed my Farm Fix, that's what Wifey Poo calls it anyway.

Fresh air, sunshine, smell of the woods and dark dirt......that'll recharge one's batteries.

Wifey Poo? LOL!!!

Got another pet name for mine that I use....with reverence, of course. Normally smack her on the butt when I use it. She's kept me around this long, so she must b okay with it. :rofl:

Gotta roll.

Son just texted....he's inbound.

Time to get the cornbread in a skillet and cooking.

Dub

We're having spaghetti tonight. I've had the meat sauce on the stove for the last few hours lettin' the flavors get all married up together.

Mas importante !!!

My fear with tonight's chili is that it's gonna be even better tomorrow after getting all married up. Gebhart's is some mighty good stuff in there.

GA1dad

Chili is looking good @Dub!

I've been really enjoying the Weber and homemade vortex lately,,, it makes it so easy to whip up good grub,, fast. Some grilled chicken was on the menu tonight.

20181024_174720.jpg20181024_180609.jpg

naildrvr

Getting mighty close, here.
Goodgoshamighty would you look at that!! A pack of hotdogs and some Texas Pete and I could make a sho'nuff meal outta that. Nicely done sir.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Chili is looking good @Dub!

I've been really enjoying the Weber and homemade vortex lately,,, it makes it so easy to whip up good grub,, fast. Some grilled chicken was on the menu tonight.

View attachment 946951View attachment 946952

Man, oh man.....that looks bigtime good, JD !!!!!

That's a meal fer real.

My Death Row Meal is likely to be some well-rubbed grilled shicken. Those sides are bigtime righteous, too.....family favorites 'round here.