Hunting license with no id or dl

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
My 16 year old nephew just completed his hunter safety course and is trying to get a hunting license. Is drivers license or an ID required or is there a way around that. He is georgia resident and has a student ID for our local high school. But due to some extenuating circumstances does not have any form of ID.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
My 16 year old nephew just completed his hunter safety course and is trying to get a hunting license. Is drivers license or an ID required or is there a way around that. He is georgia resident and has a student ID for our local high school. But due to some extenuating circumstances does not have any form of ID.
Ask DNR

gma1320

Yep, that would be a good idea but we have a hunt planned for tomorrow and this kid has busted his butt to get his hunters safely course done so he can go. The dnr office is closed tonight

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Yep, that would be a good idea but we have a hunt planned for tomorrow and this kid has busted his butt to get his hunters safely course done so he can go. The dnr office is closed tonight
Go to website maybe you can get an answer there

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
DNR is the real answer. From my review of the website your proving residency. That’s done by your DL or toting other documents to get a state ID for proof.

charlie81

If I was unsure, I would just carry any type of picture ids I had and hope for an understanding LEO. With that said I’ve never come across dnr while hunting and only once while fishing, but that’s me.

gma1320

I am trying to help him get his license online and it requires an ID or DL number. So it looks like he has to have one or the other.

Thanks kmac, just got off the phone with a license retailer and they told me they use the social in the event of someone not having their ID or DL
I was going to say go to Walmart or a retail store and purchase the license that way. They enter your social number

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Thank you guys, I was able to do it online for him with his ss number. He gets to go in his first hunting trip in the morning.
Good deal!

Jim Boyd

Sweet news!

gma1320

Thank you for the kind words y'all. We are looking forward to it. After hunting sitting with me for a few years my oldest got his hunters safety course today so he gets to take his first trip to sit alone and my nephew will be able to hunt as well. Due to foster care restrictions he has had to wait till 16 to be able to hunt. Tomorrow is gonna be epic and makes me little teary eyed seeing these boys put in the work the way they have to get here.