Huntstand app question

Scotsman

Are any of you familiar with the Huntstand app? I know that when I use the app while hunting, there is one feature that allows me to view my current location, whether walking or sitting on stand. Does it allow you to see the location of your hunting buddies that are also synced in and hunting the property at the same time?

I found that this app comes in quite handy for map purposes when you have a guest that does not know the area and you can tell them to head to "such-and-such" stand, and they can locate it easily using the app. Also quite useful in showing property lines and other boundaries.

Thanks for any info.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Are any of you familiar with the Huntstand app? I know that when I use the app while hunting, there is one feature that allows me to view my current location, whether walking or sitting on stand. Does it allow you to see the location of your hunting buddies that are also synced in and hunting the property at the same time?

I found that this app comes in quite handy for map purposes when you have a guest that does not know the area and you can tell them to head to "such-and-such" stand, and they can locate it easily using the app. Also quite useful in showing property lines and other boundaries.

Thanks for any info.

When you go to "mapping" it will show a blue dot, your current location. I haven't figured out how to track while walking.
Don't think there is anyway to "see" other members.
Still learning it myself.

BuckNasty83

Can't see buddies, but go into your tools it has a tracking tool that will make lines of where you travel. Can't remember what the feature is called, though, but I have used it scouting

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Cannot see others at same time, but hopefully it is in the works. would be helpful for groups for sure.

Best thing for now is to have them screen shot their location and text it...of course it wont be relevant if they are moving but will help

Scotsman

Thanks for all of your replies. It would be a good feature to have. I like the idea of texting a screenshot, as well. I have sat there on stand trying to type in a detailed description of where I was (when hunting with a friend) and should have used that method. You know what I mean.

"Where are you?"

"I'm on the horseshoe bend of the creek near the pawpaw grove in the big chestnut oak by the huge boulder that rolled down the hill. That nice creek crossing, there."

"Where?"

27metalman

I started using it in early December... I'm still trying work out the kinks myself.