I’m so glad it’s over!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I am so glad it’s over....... I finally feel relaxed as time ran out and I can rest. I have been busting it hard this season and been busted about as many times as I can take in one season.
I am so glad it’s over.......I’ve already got that junk out of my truck! Threw away some stuff and have started on my mess of a garage. I have neglected every thing it seems and now I can finally be a responsible adult.......til some time in August I believe.
I am so glad it’s over........even though my season was THE MOST AMAZING by far! I passed on the first gobbler I watched for 10 minutes inside 30 yards! I had time to see it was a young bird and after finally deciding I better go ahead and shoot him, BOOM! A shot rings out from 30 yards to my left and it’s another hunter shooting at this bird I have watched for 10 minutes! He misses and I take a shot at the same bird after stopping him for a split second with a mouth call and I MISS! I was waiting on the boss I saw 2 days before. WHAT?! WHAT!? I PASSED on a chip shot bird? facepalm: Lesson learned and jakes are on the hit list next year.....they were this year too, but I never saw 1 Jake.
I am so glad it’s over......I am slap wore out, physically and mentally. Every day I spent in the woods was a Learning experience. The first week included the crazy day described above and the last day may have been the worst and best all in one day.
The last day started on a field that I love, but I couldn’t get comfy for some reason so I bolted. On the way out, maybe a hundred yards from the truck, I Jump a hen at about 10 yards and she started the “I’m injured “ thing......I kept my head down the rd I was on, trying to leave her alone. I knew she needed peace, but then the teeniest poult I have ever seen comes out and walks within 5’ right behind me as mom is trying to distract me.:clap:

I go sit in 5 different places and get busted on 4 of those as birds came from BEHIND! I’ve lost count how many times I’ve called them in but never see them. I learned so much including The last day I learned a call I‘d never heard Before and used It later to get busted again........

I am so glad it’s over........I surrender.

I can’t wait til next year and hope I don’t forget the things I’ve learned!

BASS1FUN

In 10 months and 4 days it starts all over again ?. I hunt public land so the first bird Jake or Tom goes down. I’ve been hunting them like a deer since April 24th until I was able to seal the deal on May 12th (on turkey ? #3)hopefully next year it’ll be less hunters in the woods I pray and hope your 2021 season is gonna be your best and let me be the first to say Congrats. Be blessed and safe out there

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
On the last day I was telling my self to quit hunting them like deer. I told myself to go sit in the woods somewhere else and I left.....that’s when he fun began. Next year I need to remember they can be called in ALL DAY!
A big lesson I learned is that on public land, the late afternoon (And late season) may be the best time to go! They may be more weary but everyone has left and the birds have spread out :rockon:

phillip

I’m with ya on glad it’s over , a lot days in the turkey woods with few chances but something always went wrong , except one morning hunting buddy and I teamed up , he put the smack on one (came in on his side) . I’m tired , going rest up , hit the clear cut for yote or 2 I hope . Next week

Twiggbuster

I was pulling for you all season bfriendly !
Sounds like you had a great time with great memories. You must be be hunting in some good turkey woods. Learning every hunt is what makes hunting turkeys so dang much fun. I hated to see it end. My first year limiting out but I’ve had years getting skunked that were just as enjoyable. I may try to take only one or two here on out. Goal reached.
Been sleeping in last couple of weekends and starting to recover. Good luck next year to all those who have this same passion!!

Juan De

I’m with ya on glad it’s over , a lot days in the turkey woods with few chances but something always went wrong , except one morning hunting buddy and I teamed up , he put the smack on one (came in on his side) . I’m tired , going rest up , hit the clear cut for yote or 2 I hope . Next week
You going to start your countdown for next season soon? :biggrin2:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I was pulling for you all season bfriendly !
Sounds like you had a great time with great memories. You must be be hunting in some good turkey woods. Learning every hunt is what makes hunting turkeys so dang much fun. I hated to see it end. My first year limiting out but I’ve had years getting skunked that were just as enjoyable. I may try to take only one or two here on out. Goal reached.
Been sleeping in last couple of weekends and starting to recover. Good luck next year to all those who have this same passion!!
Very well said !

Tadder

I'm Praying Public Land want have as many people on it next season. Had as many bikers, hikers , walkers , and horse riders as turkey hunters maybe more. Still wake up at 4 am. but not gotten up tile 6:30 am now. Resting up.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I am slap wore out, but yea, this has been my best season. Last year I hunted hard and saw quite a few birds, but not one gobble heard......not once. This year I heard a bunch of gobbling saw plenty of birds!

Seeing the poult on the last day kind of closed the book for me this season ......I knew it was time for it to end and give them rest.

I just wish I’d put some points on the board for my team.......maybe I was partying too much:bounce:

nick_o_demus

I too am glad that I can finally rest and relax a little. But I find myself waking up this weekend thinking I'd overslept. I've made a list of chores to do at camp to wean myself off of the rush... Getting ready for deer season helps, but it's just not the same. On a good note while riding trails and cleaning them up we bumped a mama hen with at least 12 poults (I have a feeling there was a second hen we didn't see). All in all I had a great season... Hunted with several friends, learned some new tricks, made some bad mistakes, guided for a few others, got to travel a bit and blessed to have tagged out in GA. But next season awaits. Hope its as great this year.