I am an idiot - Navionics card

Burton

2 Years ago I bought my first new boat. I had it installed with a Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp and Elite 7 Chirp. The 7 inch unit came with a Navionics card. When I opened the package, I was disappointed to see the SD card was too large for my unit. I thought about calling Lowrance to complain, but I was happy enough with the built-in maps as they were.

Fast-forward 2 years later and I bought a Helix 7 SI with Navionics. When I opened the card, I read the instructions about updating and registering it. During the update process, I realized it has a removable card that fits into the fish finder.

This is when it clicks with me that I am an idiot and the original card delivered with my Lowrance is the same way.

You have to remove the smaller card from the SD card. It pays to read the instructions. Maybe 1 or 2/100 people that see this will have this realization....or maybe I'm 1/1000?

StriperrHunterr

2 Years ago I bought my first new boat. I had it installed with a Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp and Elite 7 Chirp. The 7 inch unit came with a Navionics card. When I opened the package, I was disappointed to see the SD card was too large for my unit. I thought about calling Lowrance to complain, but I was happy enough with the built-in maps as they were.

Fast-forward 2 years later and I bought a Helix 7 SI with Navionics. When I opened the card, I read the instructions about updating and registering it. During the update process, I realized it has a removable card that fits into the fish finder.

This is when it clicks with me that I am an idiot and the original card delivered with my Lowrance is the same way.

You have to remove the smaller card from the SD card. It pays to read the instructions. Maybe 1 or 2/100 people that see this will have this realization....or maybe I'm 1/1000?

Man, that stinks that you found out like that.

Burton

Yes, it's a micro SD using a regular SD card as the adapter. I think my first unit with a card used a regular sized SD card or similar sized card. I didn't know they had converted to micro SD in fishfinders.

Navionics_micro_SD_charts_cPanbo-thumb-465x408-5140.jpg

I still have the lowrance on the bow (so I can use the card). I just mounted the humminbird on the dash.

Cmp1

BANNED
You may want to go with a high speed micro SD card,,,, makes a difference imo,,,, at least in my camera,,,,

riprap

I almost did the same thing. I wonder why they come like this? For you home PC? Does a sonar unit even accept a regular SD card?

Papa Bear

I right there with you about being a idiot ! If my daughter would not have helped me I too would have been calling someone saying they gave wrong card!