I couldn't help it

WaltL1

For god so loved the world that........

Must be one of those contradicting verses that does not apply here but will be used later when you tell us that god loves everyone.
Kind of like this one -
For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.
I guess little children drowning could be considered "merciful".
After all they may have grown up to be an A/A :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If Judaism had a story and Christianity took that story and changed it to fit their views, which story is the "original"?
I posted for you the original "story".
Lets forget what "Jesus said" for a moment.
Look to you to be pretty much the same concept?
Now consider which story came first.
And consider Christianity came from Judaism.
Which one would you call original?

Yes, but we are talking about Christianity, which is based on the teachings of Christ; so how can we forget what Jesus said about burning people up in He11 forever and ever?

That discussion will have to wait until someone posts a thread starting with a meme of a rabbi threatening to throw an adulterer into the burning trash dump outside town for twelve years. :)

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Romans 5:8- But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 3:16- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
neighbour, and hate thine enemy. CensoredCensored

1 John 4:10- Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:8- He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Romans 11:32- For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Leviticus 19:18- Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I [am] the LORD.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Now that I think of it, i will just sit back and do nothing, I'll let termites write whatever they want about whatever concept of a god that they want, let other termites decide to beleive in none of it, one, or all of it. Let the termites use those writings to govern and justify conquering other termites. And the whole time I will just sit back, never let even one of them know I exist and hope that in my experiment at least one termite gets it all correct.
I will enjoy the termites that claim to know me, that will speak for me, that claim to be more special than other termites even though they are just as clueless as to whether or not I exist and had ANYHING to do with ANYTHING. The ones that will make claims that are unprovable will be by colorful termites because they will be my entertainment.
The termites that go about their daily business and do not bother anyone else will be my favorite.

But in the end none of them will be rewarded or punished because I am a figment of their imagination as much as every single god that has is or will be worshipped by the same termites that follow religion now. I can call them termites because Welder speaks for god, and welder equates people with termites so in gods eyes it has GOT to be exactly the same.

Every now and then on a really sunny day though, you need to work in mysterious ways and show your will by dragging out the magnifying glass.......

660griz

Every now and then on a really sunny day though, you need to work in mysterious ways and show your will by dragging out the magnifying glass.......

Oh yea.
The Lord giveth and the Lord seteth on fire.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

Or, I will actually do nothing, and yet some of them will give me credit for everything that happens anyway.
The best part is, no matter if is it the most wonderful experience that they have ever had, or the most miserable and excrutiating pain along with inhumane suffering...they will think I did it AND will thank me for it because they are convinced that they deserved it!
I always win.

welderguy

:rofl:
I can always tell when I hit on a touchy point because this place lights up like a Christmas tree.

One more:
If you drew a picture of yourself (in your own image), then decided to destroy it ...just because, would you be evil for doing that? After all, it was yours to do with whatever you wished right?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Or, I will actually do nothing, and yet some of them will give me credit for everything that happens anyway.
The best part is, no matter if is it the most wonderful experience that they have ever had, or the most miserable and excrutiating pain along with inhumane suffering...they will think I did it AND will thank me for it because they are convinced that they deserved it!
I always win.

Nah, you need to show your wrath every now and then to keep 'em interested. Maybe turn the high-pressure hose nozzle or the leaf blower on the mound every now and then, perhaps spray a diluted insecticide on parts of the mound now and then to sicken and slowly kill a few thousand of them.

Or if you really want to have some fun, maybe you could make a bet with the Orkin man that there's one really cool and rightous termite that lives down there. You can do experiments by rending his mud tubes asunder, smiting all his larvae with Diazinon, cause metal sheathing to be nailed firmly over the wood he eats, plague his kin by turning an armadillo loose in your basement or maybe some parasitic wasps, toast him just a little with the mag-glass now and then, and see if he still has faith in your faultless rightousness.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
:rofl:
I can always tell when I hit on a touchy point because this place lights up like a Christmas tree.

One more:
If you drew a picture of yourself (in your own image), then decided to destroy it ...just because, would you be evil for doing that? After all, it was yours to do with whatever you wished right?
We cannot convey to you, because of your skewed views of humananity, just how wrong you are. If you are incapable of discerning human life from bugs and self portraits then you have more important places that you should spend your time.

But I will answer you honestly because I am expecting an honest answer from you later.

A piece of paper or a photograph with my image on it is not a life that I made. It Therefore it is not unacceptable to crumple it up, light it on fire or cut it in half.

Now, one for you...
If you decide to kill your children, because they belong to you, they look like you, and you made them is that acceptable?

Don't punk out, answer honestly.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Nah, you need to show your wrath every now and then to keep 'em interested. Maybe turn the high-pressure hose nozzle or the leaf blower on the mound every now and then, perhaps spray a diluted insecticide on parts of the mound now and then to sicken and slowly kill a few thousand of them.

Or if you really want to have some fun, maybe you could make a bet with the Orkin man that there's one really cool and rightous termite that lives down there. You can do experiments by rending his mud tubes asunder, smiting all his larvae with Diazinon, cause metal sheathing to be nailed firmly over the wood he eats, plague his kin by turning an armadillo loose in your basement or maybe some parasitic wasps, toast him just a little with the mag-glass now and then, and see if he still has faith in your faultless rightousness.
Yes!
And the termites will STILL be under the impression that they DESERVE it!

centerpin fan

Anybody ever read Catch-22? (Seeing the movie doesn't count.)

Anyway, there's a scene in the book where two atheist characters argue over what kind of god they don't believe in. The god one atheist doesn't believe in is a cold, callous puppet master. The god the other atheist doesn't believe in is a loving father who wants all to be saved.

Reminds me of this thread ... :)

welderguy

We cannot convey to you, because of your skewed views of humananity, just how wrong you are. If you are incapable of discerning human life from bugs and self portraits then you have more important places that you should spend your time.

But I will answer you honestly because I am expecting an honest answer from you later.

A piece of paper or a photograph with my image on it is not a life that I made. It Therefore it is not unacceptable to crumple it up, light it on fire or cut it in half.

Now, one for you...
If you decide to kill your children, because they belong to you, they look like you, and you made them is that acceptable?

Don't punk out, answer honestly.

They do not belong to me and I did not make them. God did. He created EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING belongs to Him. I don't have the right to kill them but God does.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Anybody ever read Catch-22? (Seeing the movie doesn't count.)

Anyway, there's a scene in the book where two atheist characters argue over what kind of god they don't believe in. The god one atheist doesn't believe in is a cold, callous puppet master. The god the other atheist doesn't believe in is a loving father who wants all to be saved.

Reminds me of this thread ... :)

I have not read it but this thread reminds me more of believers that have different beliefs in god and the unbelievers have to play along and use the believers handbook to show them both that their god in those writing is both cold and calloused and loving and that the writings contradict itself.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
They do not belong to me and I did not make them. God did. He created EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING belongs to Him. I don't have the right to kill them but God does.

I am gonna have to put you on the ignore list. I am not fluent in insane and crazy.
You seriously should seek help.

Do me a favor and tell your wife and kids that same thing. You'll get the help that you need.

welderguy

I have not read it but this thread reminds me more of believers that have different beliefs in god and the unbelievers have to play along and use the believers handbook to show them both that their god in those writing is both cold and calloused and loving and that the writings contradict itself.

So you agree with what I've been saying then.
That God loves some and hates others. Thankyou for confirming that.