I hate hogs & yotes!

Skyjacker

Step down off that high-horse there boy, fore you fall and break you neck. I wasn't bragging and I'm prolly older than you. We trap them and shoot them 12 months out of the year and barely put a dent in the population. To me they are vermin not much different than rats. I wish I could give you all the hogs in Fl.

Just a thought. I own property in the coastal plain of GA. We have lots and lots of pigs. We shoot them year round and often times have way more than we can possibly clean and eat. I've gone out of my way to find some less fortunate families in the area, and I drop the pigs off with them at various times. Nothing goes to waste and other than putting the entire pig in the back of my truck, they do all the work and I still get to have fun shooting them.

I would highly consider this.

asc

Just a thought. I own property in the coastal plain of GA. We have lots and lots of pigs. We shoot them year round and often times have way more than we can possibly clean and eat. I've gone out of my way to find some less fortunate families in the area, and I drop the pigs off with them at various times. Nothing goes to waste and other than putting the entire pig in the back of my truck, they do all the work and I still get to have fun shooting them.

I would highly consider this.
We do that too, even give as many as we can to a couple of homeless shelters. Alot of people will tell you "I'll take all the hogs you get but when you call them at 9 or 10pm after you take the trouble to drag them out of the woods and load them up those folks sing a different tune. As I said before we work on these hogs year round and still have a problem, even tried the sterlization route with laced bait.
I shouldn't have said anything cause folks that don't have hog problems don't get it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I hunt Pine Log WMA, and they have a poo ton of yotes. Though what boggles my mind, is that this year you can only hunt yotes on Pine Log for about 20days out of the year. They are already everywhere on Pine Log, so why would they create a very restricted season for them? Makes no dang sense.

Are you lost? DUDE! You can Hunt Yotes during ALL SEASONS, Just like Hogs! Ya see one, Kill it!

What the DNR did, after a Request from Myself and I am sure a few others, was ADDED the Yote Special Hunt..........thats 20 days ADDED to the normal seasons..........ya cant kill any other animal during the Yote season and it IS small game weapons.

BUT, you can kill Pigs, which means they Added another 20 days to Go Pig Hunting..............Surely you misunderstood what was going on with the new season, otherwise, you'd be very pleased, like ME:banana:

To the OP............there are sure different opinions on the Hogs........many of US want more where we are.
But if I went to a place like Cal's or anywhere where they were a serious problem, I would be killing everyone I could and stomping the little ones with my boots to save ammo.

"When" you get pigs, many of us would like to come kill them for you:cool:

TheSnail

Son of a beach! I went through the entire big game season thinking I couldnt hunt them. I've even saved payed time off at work so I could hunt them during those 20days.

So you're basically say I could of hunted them this entire time? Dang it!

We'll thanks for clearing that up.