I love chicken and homosexuals

Artfuldodger

12 Stone is a Wesleyan church. The Wesleyan church believes homosexuality is a sin. That apparently doesn't bother you. It only bothers you that I think homosexuality is a sin.

I could still fellowship with them. I would just assume they have a different definition of those old Greek words that we don't have English words for. They probably believe in the Trinity and have or follow Creeds both of which I don't follow the same as Wesleyans but it would not stop me from their fellowship.
If one was to pick and choose a Church that only met all of an individuals beliefs, he would be in Church by himself. You just have to pick a Church you are comfortable with.
I occasionally go to Oneness Churches who don't believe in the Trinity either.

centerpin fan

If one was to pick and choose a Church that only met all of an individuals beliefs, he would be in Church by himself. You just have to pick a Church you are comfortable with.

If you believe in the Gospel what you like, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.

-- St. Augustine

panfried0419

12 Stone is a Wesleyan church. The Wesleyan church believes homosexuality is a sin. That apparently doesn't bother you. It only bothers you that I think homosexuality is a sin.

You know what's funny? I never once posted that is or ain't. It only bothers me that one would lie and and misinterpret my beliefs. Also a sin;)
And why do you care where I go to church. Creepy stalker

centerpin fan

You know what's funny? I never once posted that is or ain't.

Yes, you are remarkably adept at avoiding a simple "yes/no" answer. You did say "it doesn't condemn one to hades", which means you either think:

1) it's not a sin or

2) it's the only sin that won't send you to he11.

(I don't think I have to tell you that #2 is a pretty unique theological perspective.)

And why do you care where I go to church.

Because you are obviously passionate about this issue, so I don't understand why you would go to a church that you disagree with on it.

centerpin fan

It only bothers me that one would lie and and misinterpret my beliefs. Also a sin;)

I haven't lied about anything. Also, if you won't give straight answers to simple questions, you can't complain if those answers are misinterpreted.

panfried0419

I have a given my answer several times. You just choose not too accept them. Typical. And I don't disagree with anything from my church. By the way I don't go to 12stone. Been a member of the Methodist church forever. :crazy:

centerpin fan

By the way I don't go to 12stone. Been a member of the Methodist church forever. :crazy:

This is just priceless. First, you accuse me of lying about your beliefs. Then, you go back and delete the thread where you talked about how you were going to 12 Stone and loving it. (I linked to the thread back in post 290.)

Incredible.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
It is, isn't it?
What if it's true?
I don't know much about love at all, but what I have seen of it makes me want more.
What if that same "stuff" that causes a man to frivolously spend thousands of dollars for a small piece of carbon to put on a girl's finger...without a thought...of cost...is really even more pure, more true, more "real" than that man can know in his deepest imaginations, and the One who IS that...has purposed that nothing BUT that be all a man knows, is moved by, and dwells in?
Can this be? Is this really how it is?

Man, am I glad Paul didn't shirk the hard questions.

Either it's all for joy...or Christ ain't risen.

Yes. We could take all our doctrinal differences and put them in a bottom draw in the guest bedroom.
Loving God and loving every person will take care of the doctrinal problems.

gemcgrew

This is just priceless. First, you accuse me of lying about your beliefs. Then, you go back and delete the thread where you talked about how you were going to 12 Stone and loving it. (I linked to the thread back in post 290.)

Incredible.
What a tangled web we weave...

panfried0419

I never once denied going and I did post a thread about how nice it was. I just have different beliefs centerpin. We both can agree to disagree. But we both believe in God.

Artfuldodger

If you believe in the Gospel what you like, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.

-- St. Augustine

This is my Good News:

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
Matthew 6:14-15

"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
1 John 2:1

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,"
Romans 8:1

"Then he adds:
"Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.""
Hebrews 10:17

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Colossians 1:13-14

panfried0419

This is my Good News:

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
Matthew 6:14-15

"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."
1 John 2:1

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,"
Romans 8:1

"Then he adds:
"Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.""
Hebrews 10:17

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
Colossians 1:13-14

Amen

Israel

BANNED
If nothing else, this thread helps me see how my sins affect my wife's soul.
There's a reason for God's order, and a glory in its restoration through Christ.
maybe...if, and when, I am found fulfilling something to which I am called...to love without hypocrisy, to gladly lay down my life...(not simply "at best" bite my tongue when I feel I am not appreciated), not be anything but grateful instead of just saying "thanks", thinking that "covers it"...who knows what the Lord may then show?

Other folks relationships, unless they care to tell me about them...seem pretty much off limits.
Of course there's an order. And of course we can have our hypotheticals to deviate as far from that as we care to...but I sometimes think it's more for sorting one another (here) out...than any meaningful ministry to those we talk about.

At best...perhaps...I'd have to ask a man who said he loved and was living in a marriage relationship with another man, who also claimed to love Christ...the same thing the Lord asks me..."OK...so you're saved...let's go with that for a minute...what about the one you say you love...is there anything you are doing to them, with them, that might put their soul in a less secure place you imagine for yourself? Do you know why I call her the weaker vessel?"

Lord...am I saved?
Save me, Lord.