I need suggestions on a good Battery Charger for use on a small boat...

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I am posting this in this forum because I know a lot of you Campfire members personally and I also know a lot of you go fishing regularly.

I am getting down to the final stages of refurbishing my 14 foot aluminum fishing boat, trailer etc that I am giving my Daughter and SIL. This boat will only have two trolling motors on it (one bow-mount Minn-Kota 565 foot control and also a small size Model 65 on the back as well) as I took off the gasoline motor since it can't be used in the lakes/ponds that they love to fish. I am using only ONE new battery for use for either one of these trolling motors as each one of them could be used separately or used together on this one battery.

I don't need a really fancy battery charge as it would basically be to re-charge the battery each time after a Saturday or Sunday fishing trip. Do any of you have a suggestion on something that you know has worked well for you as I need to purchase a charger ASAP. I would appreciate your comments.

crackerdave

It's good to have a small solar charger to maintain a charge,but it won't charge a run down battery. You can get a decent 110 volt charger for less than $50.

Lilly001

Wally has several.
I got the 4 amp one for around 20$.
I charge my tractor with it and it has done well.
I think it’s the same brand as their store batteries.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Schumacher Electric seems to always have good stuff.

Edit: I see you just will have one battery. This one is stocked at O'Reilly Auto, they seem to have decent pricing on Schumacher. Should be a nice little charger, and as a bonus, they could use it on their vehicles as well. 3 Amp with float, automatic charge system.
~ $ 53.00
Schumacher SC1297 Specs

O'Reilly Auto Schumacher SP1297
SP1297_image_0__16075.1630478103.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

bany

This here.
I needed one suddenly when the charging part of my camper converter went out. Got it at Walmart of course. Don’t recall the cost but wasn’t terrible then and it’s very versatile.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 10

Artfuldodger

Schumacher and Noco are both good battery chargers. Would a 2-3 amp charge it overnight after a fishing trip and then go into Auto mode? Meaning would it then become a trickle charger?
Seems like it would be great to not have to have a regular charger and then, take that off next day and put on a .5 amp trickle charger.

hopper

Schumacher and Noco are both good battery chargers. Would a 2-3 amp charge it overnight after a fishing trip and then go into Auto mode? Meaning would it then become a trickle charger?
Seems like it would be great to not have to have a regular charger and then, take that off next day and put on a .5 amp trickle charger.
Minkota Had a smart charger that would charge then trickle.

Last edited: