I never use a torque wrench...

Doug B.

If you were in the tooling and machinery industry as long as I was...

You don't need no a' stinking' torque wrench.
I've never been in the tooling and machinery industry and I don't need a torque wrench. I just tighten it down til it feels good!:rofl:

(Kidding)

naildrvr

She said he rebuilds engines and his name is Earl, he's the Charlie Daniels of the torque wrench....

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Y’all old school, Ugga duggas with the impact is how to tighten stuff nowadays.
Yeah, the guys / gals at the tire shop HATE me when I make them use a 4 prong lug wrench to put my wheels back on. IF they put them on with one, then I CAN get them off with one if need be.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Yeah, the guys / gals at the tire shop HATE me when I make them use a 4 prong lug wrench to put my wheels back on. IF they put them on with one, then I CAN get them off with one if need be.
Yep, I’ve started just taking the wheels to the tire shop and putting them back on my rides myself. Don’t want to fight a lug nut on the side of the highway.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova

Yep, I’ve started just taking the wheels to the tire shop and putting them back on my rides myself. Don’t want to fight a lug nut on the side of the highway.

Ya'll are right for sure. There is nothing like having a wife or girlfriend that actually knows how to change a flat tire and install a new one in place. However, sometimes if those rims are tightened with a torque wrench, a normal size/strength female just can' take it off and have to sit and wait on some other type of assistance.

Batjack and fireman32. You two have some really good advice up above !!! :cheers:

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
We have to torque doffer columns on cotton pickers and spindles. 55 pounds for spindles, 185, 195 and 205 pounds depending on the picker model. I’m 165, it takes some considerable bouncing to get a click at 205.