I saw

ucfireman

A pair of geese walking across Pleasant Hill road, where the old Lowes used to be, by Ronald Reagan Parkway. 1 Adult, 5 babies, and 1 adult bringing up the rear.
Believe it or not, folks actually stopped and let them walk across (held up traffic), of course they weren't real fast, just waddling.
Took all of maybe 20 seconds out of their day. But I was shocked people actually stopped.

For folks that don't know this is a very congested area close to Gwinnett Place mall.

Last year saw a female duck leading her babies, all 7 got run over.
People just don't give a D... about nothing but themselves.

Everyone says, its just a goose, squirrel, dog or whatever. But to that animal, its it's life, just like yours. Everything has a right to live.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
A pair of geese walking across Pleasant Hill road, where the old Lowes used to be, by Ronald Reagan Parkway. 1 Adult, 5 babies, and 1 adult bringing up the rear.
Believe it or not, folks actually stopped and let them walk across (held up traffic), of course they weren't real fast, just waddling.
Took all of maybe 20 seconds out of their day. But I was shocked people actually stopped.

For folks that don't know this is a very congested area close to Gwinnett Place mall.

Everyone says, its just a goose, squirrel, dog or whatever. But to that animal, its it's life, just like yours. Everything has a right to live.
There are some so sorry they’ll go out of their way to run over an animal, and think it was hilarious in doing so. I couldn’t even begin to tell you how many turtles I’ve stopped and gotten out of the road safely. I won’t put myself or others in danger to do so, though.

oldfella1962

Most people stop for geese & ducks if it's safe to do so. Geese are generally pretty smart about crossing. Squirrels on the other hand just can't get the hang of it.

Toliver

I saw somebody last night nearly kill themselves and oncoming traffic when they swerved into the opposite lane in a curve to avoid an armadillo. And then danged if I didn't have to move over a bit to avoid a different one on the way back home. Good teaching moment for my daughter about the option of safely avoiding or just running over an animal. I've used my blue lights on many occasions to stop traffic and get some sort of animal or another out of the road. And of all those times, not one person seemed to have an issue with being stopped or slowed down. Yes, there are bottom feeders out there that will intentionally hit them, but most folks are pretty good about it.

oldfella1962

Way back in the day on vacation my parents got in a wreck (my sister and I were in the back seat) because the person in front of them stopped suddenly to let raccoons cross the road. Luckily nobody was injured. I just remember my mom telling me & my sister to tell the cops that we were wearing our seatbelts (of course we were not wearing them) if they asked. :( Different times back then when it came to seatbelts.

westcobbdog

My drivers Ed teacher in HS preached no swerving or hard breaking to a avoid an animal when it might cause you to get hit. Few days ago in Sandy Springs I go around a curve and two geese are standing there, braked hard hit horn and they parted but nearly got hit from behind by someone not looking.

oldfella1962

My drivers Ed teacher in HS preached no swerving or hard breaking to a avoid an animal when it might cause you to get hit. Few days ago in Sandy Springs I go around a curve and two geese are standing there, braked hard hit horn and they parted but nearly got hit from behind by someone not looking.
Luckily for geese most of them are smart enough to not cross on a curve.
Humans may speed up (or slow down) goose evolution when it comes to dealing with vehicles. :unsure: Or maybe geese are affecting human evolution.
But that's a subject for another sub-forum. ;)

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
What amazes me is how fast once in the natural surroundings u can lose sight of them.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
What amazes me is how fast once in the natural surroundings u can lose sight of them.

That`s for sure. Pair of 6 foot diamondbacks. One is less than 2 feet from my boots. It had been in the 20`s that night but they came out to sun in the middle of the day.

hidden.jpghidden 2.jpg