If I'm gonna try and get my son on a turkey on a youth quota hunt...which one should i shoot for?

QuackAttack101

My buddy took his daughter to Rum Creek two years ago and said there were birds everywhere. Clybel (Charlie Elliot) is a beautiful place and supposed to have a lot of birds, but I've never hunted there, just heard good things about it. I believe both of these are youth quota on opening weekend.

jfarrell30339

Now I'm getting frustrated...i'm trying to get him his license and the GoOutdoors site says he needs a drivers license # to register. Can I register him under my account? It's my first time doing this and I'm getting a bit fussy.

Mark K

Banned
I did the same...only wagered enough points so I knew he’d be drawn. Hunted just about every year or every other year until he turned 17.

ssramage

I did the same...only wagered enough points so I knew he’d be drawn. Hunted just about every year or every other year until he turned 17.

My son will be 6 right after season ends this year. He’s chomping at the bit to go but I’m not quite sure he’s ready. We’ve shot BB guns and .22s some so I’m going to let him try the .410. I just didn’t want to burn any of his points just yet.

Mark K

Banned
Yeah, 6 years old is kinda young. My son started hunting with me before that age but didn’t actually start shooting until he could hold the gun by himself. I think he was 9 or 10 shooting a 20ga when we got drawn for his first youth duck hunt.