Youth Quota Deer Hunt

Shad30

Has anyone ever taken their child on a youth Quota hunt in Georgia? Got to looking at my son's points and he has 4. I was wondering is there a good youth? He's 13 and only has a couple more years to take advantage of the youth hunt.

diamondback

We did the ossabaw island a/c years ago. It’s a good trip for camping and hunting. I don’t think it’s as good as back then but I think it’s still a pretty sure thing to at least see some animals. There are several others with higher success rates out there but you will need to do some research to find which are best or which are closest.

ktc286

Take a look at Buck Shoals WMA. It is setup for youth hunting only (deer, turkey, dove, etc). Excellent place, awesome staff and plenty of game to go around. My son and I went multiple times and loved it.

ssramage

I was thinking about Ossabaw for my son for this year, but the hunt falls on Thanksgiving week and you'd probably have to get to the island on Thanksgiving Day. Too much family stuff to make that work this year.

common man

Take a look at the regs there are alot of opportunities out there . Some good one which you don't even have to put in for. Remember youth under 16 can hunt with a rifle on muzzleloader week if on private and on public also if they are open. Lot of lady hunts also if you have someone interested.