If you live in or close to Habersham County

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Tomorrow night at 6 pm the county commission will pass Georgias first Second Amendment Sanctuary County Resolution at 6 pm at the County Courthouse in the Jury Assembly room. The commissioners need to see local citizens support.

Commissioner Natalie Crawford appeared in a Super Bowl ad last year with Stacy Abrams. Reports are that she has gone soft on the resolution and will vote no on passage.

Email and phone contact information can be found at the link below. https://www.habershamga.com/commissioners.cfm

Habersham is leading the way in the 2A Sanctuary County movement in Georgia. Presently there are about a dozen counties in the process of approving this resolution.

The process is simple in a county that is not infested with liberals. The document below is a copy of the Habersham County resolution that is adapted for your counties name to be inserted.

A RESOLUTION TO DECLARE (XXXXXXXXXXXX) COUNTY, GEORGIA TO BE A

“SECOND AMENDMENT SANCTUARY COUNTY”

WHEREAS, the Board of County Commissioners of (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County, Georgia being elected
to represent the People of (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County, Georgia and being duly sworn by oath to uphold
the United States Constitution and the Constitution of the State of Georgia, and;

WHEREAS, the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows:
“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to
keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed,” and;

WHEREAS, the United States Supreme Court has affirmed an individual’s right to possess
firearms, unconnected with service in the militia, for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-
defense within the home (District of Columbia v. Heller (2008)), and;

WHEREAS, the United States Supreme Court has affirmed that the right of an individual to
“keep and bear arms,” is protected under the Second Amendment and is incorporated by the Due
Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment against the states (McDonald v. Chicago (2010)),
and;

WHEREAS, the United States Supreme Court has affirmed that the federal government of the
United States cannot compel state law enforcement officers to enforce federal laws (Prinz v.
United States (1997)), and;

WHEREAS, Article I, Section I, Paragraph VIII of the Constitution of the State of Georgia,
entitled “Arms, right to keep and bear,” provides that, “[t]he right of the people to keep and bear
arms shall not be infringed, but the General Assembly shall have power to prescribe the manner
in which arms may be borne,” and;

WHEREAS, O.C.G.A § 1-2-6 (a)(9) lists the right to keep and bear arms among the rights of the
citizens of the State of Georgia that are without limitation, and;

WHEREAS, all federal acts, laws, orders, rules or regulations regarding firearms, firearms
accessories, and ammunition are a violation of the Second Amendment and Article I, Section I,
Paragraph VIII of the Constitution of the State of Georgia and are contrary to the original intent
of those provisions, and;

WHEREAS, the citizens of (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County, Georgia regard the right of people to keep and
bear arms for defense of life, liberty and property as an inalienable right of the people, and;

WHEREAS, the citizens of (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County, Georgia derive economic and social benefit
from all safe forms of firearms recreation, hunting and shooting conducted within (XXXXXXXXXXXX)
County, and;

WHEREAS, it is the desire of the (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County Board of Commissioners to declare its
support of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and to the provisions of the
Constitution of the State of Georgia that protect (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County Citizens’ individual,
inalienable rights to keep and bear arms.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County Board of
Commissioners, duly assembled this _____day of February, 2020 that (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County be, and hereby is, declared to be a “Second Amendment Sanctuary County.”

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County Board of Commissioners affirms
its support for the (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County Sheriff in the exercise of his sound discretion to not
enforce against any citizen an unconstitutional firearms law.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that no agent, employee or official of (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County, or
any corporation providing services to (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County, shall provide material support or
participate in any way with the implementation of federal acts, orders, rules, laws or regulations
in violation of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County Board of Commissioners will not
authorize or appropriate funds, resources, employees, agencies, contractors, buildings, detention
centers or offices for the purpose of enforcing or assisting in the enforcement of any element of
any acts, laws, orders, mandates, rules or regulations that infringe on the right by the people to
keep and bear arms, and;

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that all federal acts, laws, orders, rules, regulations that
violate the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States or Article I, Section I,
Paragraph VIII of the Constitution of the State of Georgia, violate the true meaning and intent of
those constitutions and are hereby declared to be invalid and are specifically rejected in
(XXXXXXXXXXXX) County, Georgia and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in (XXXXXXXXXXXX)
County, Georgia.

Adopted this ____ day of ____________ 2019.

BY: ___________________________
Chairman __________________

The above Resolution was adopted by the (XXXXXXXXXXXX) County Board of Commissioners on this ______ day of __________________ 2019.

ATTEST: ___________________________
_______________________, County Clerk

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Tells you what shape this country is in, that we need a County resolution, to protect of Constitutional rights.

If Stacy Abrams had stolen the last election and made the 4,000 executive appointments, we would be in the same sort of battle.

I’d rather be rolling snowballs down the mountain than be chased Dow the mountain by growing snowballs.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
If Stacy Abrams had stolen the last election and made the 4,000 executive appointments, we would be in the same sort of battle.

I’d rather be rolling snowballs down the mountain than be chased Dow the mountain by growing snowballs.

Oh I agree 100%. We should take whatever measures we can to fight for our rights, and letting the other side know that we are not going away without a fight.

back_woods

How would one go about this? I think something like this would pass no problem in jones county. And would be along the lines of have it an not need it, then need it and not have kinda deals

LTZ25

Nobody is going to take your guns , heck everyone I know including democrats want to keep their guns just as much as we do .

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
By Rob Moore Reporter

Habersham County Commission Chairman Stacy Hall, second from right, delivers a prepared statement about the Second Amendment Sanctuary County resolution.
Rob Moore

Contact Editor

CLARKESVILLE – After months of discussion, the Habersham County Commission has voted to make the county Georgia’s first Second Amendment Sanctuary County.
“Whereas, it is the desire of the Habersham County Board of Commissioners to declare its support of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and to the provisions of the Constitution of the State of Georgia that protect Habersham County citizens’ induvial, inalienable rights to keep and bear arms,” the resolution reads in part.

j_seph

Nobody is going to take your guns , heck everyone I know including democrats want to keep their guns just as much as we do .
Why would they not, and who is to stop them?

Good job Habersham

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Feel free to share this map on social media and ask your friends to share as well.

GA 2A Sancutary Status Map_FB.jpg