If you're buying new today - which broadhead you buying?

Triple C

Several of the old faithful's are no longer made. If you're buying new today, what are you buying? And, you going 2 blade, 2 blade single bevel, 3 blade?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I have no idea what’s out there. I’ve got enough Phantoms to last me for my last few years of my bow hunting career. I also have a few Snuffers, Wensel woodsmen’s, box full of Zwickeys and probably a couple more brands put up for safe keeping

Longhunter89

I have been sticking with the old zwickey deltas.cheap and effective and if I lose one it ain't a big deal. I just can't justify spending 60-70 dollars on 3 broadheads that I might loose in a hog...I almost bought some woodsman elites the other day but the more I thought about I talked myself out of it

Triple C

Thx for the replies guys. I've got a few Woodsmen and also started shooting Zwickey Delta's last year along with a box full of other various heads.

Agree with the prices on broadheads these days. The old Zwickey Delta's prolly gonna be my broadheads till I'm not able to do it any more but just curious what others shoot if buying today.

deast1988

VPA double bevel 2 blade can get scary sharp on a Rada Wheel. Has been extremely easy for me to maintain. Cons price point, but dudes have taken into the teens with a single head.

3 blade vpa trickier to sharpen but a good option

I tuned an arrow for this fall, to 125gr. I’ve got IronWill leftover from an elk hunt and Wasp Hammers for rebuildable options.

splatek

UAEC
I’m always tinkering:

I like the grizzly stink Samurai, Simple two blade single bevel
I like three blade tough heads, boa’s, and woodsman
I also like the tree shark, but it’s currently not flying well out of my bow.

These aren’t the cheapest options, but the head is what does the killing; and I mean that as a double entendre. The broad head and the hunters head, are what do the killing. Everything in between those two things… matter significantly less in my humble opinion.

Al33

Good question AC. I was recently given a couple of Ace Standards. Haven't tested one on game yet but they look lethal and not hard to sharpen. I prefer double edge heads versus single bevel and two blades over three.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Looks like it’ll be another year before my shoulders will be recovered enough to bow hunt again. I’ve got to quit resharping broadheads and just leave them be.