I'm stumped out...

TheWildLife

Had been wanting to buy one of these for a while now, so last month I did the deed.IMG_2497 (002).jpg
A heavy duty stump bucket and it'll do the job! This is the beginning....IMG_2572 (002).jpg
And the midway point...IMG_2578 (002).jpg
And finally the end result....IMG_2580 (002).jpg
I'm very satisfied with the bucket. Took me about 45 minutes to get it out. Not the quickest time but I'm OK with that. My Bobcat isn't the strongest by any means, but it did the work without much complaint. Pushed it to the burn pile without hesitation. Onward and upward.........have a great evening folks!

TheWildLife

The company I bought from doesn't make another size. Part of their design is the narrow front for easier ground penetration. The cutting edge is 12" wide if I remember correctly. It does pretty good in the Georgia clay. I think there are other manufacturers out there offering something wider but not sure.

Deerhead

I hired a guy with a bobcat to remove some stumps. It tool a lot longer with a regular bucket. It overheated the bobcat removing the two stumps. Looks like a good investment. Now what to do with the sump?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
What size is that cat? I am looking for a T770 or T780 machine

When doing stump removal you do not want a wide bucket. All you’re trying to do is bust loose the dirt and roots immediately around the stump. Having a larger bucket does nothing but dig up unnecessary dirt that doesn’t need disturbed. That is a really good idea they have on that bucket design..

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
When doing stump removal you do not want a wide bucket. All you’re trying to do is bust loose the dirt and roots immediately around the stump. Having a larger bucket does nothing but dig up unnecessary dirt that doesn’t need disturbed. That is a really good idea they have on that bucket design. That surely makes a lot of sense.

That makes very good sense without having to dig up such a large area of ground in the process such as for a home/building lot etc. Now total ground clearing of a larger area would surely utilize maybe a much larger piece of equipment.

That makes very good sense without having to dig up such a large area of ground in the process such as for a home/building lot etc. Now total ground clearing of a larger area would surely utilize maybe a much larger piece of equipment.
I’m in the grading business. When companies general destump and clear vast acres of land they do so with skinny buckets and pinchers to split the stumps with along with dozers and root rakes. It’s much faster to dig a stump up with a skinny bucket than it is a larger bucket. When they take on these jobs it’s by the acre or total job. . So they want to get it done as quickly as possible..I have dug a many of stumps and trees up with a 953 cat loader or a excavator..the other reason for a smaller bucket is it gives you more leverage and power as it’s not spread out trying to dig a larger swath of earth and roots. It concentrates the power to the area you need the most power at

Last edited:

srb

I bought a small stump grinder , It fits on my CTX 100
Great for small medium size stumps..
First stump grinder I had fit on a vtrack,Worked well on small stumps.

TheWildLife

My machine is the T590 - 66 hp & 8000 lb weight. It works fine for me, but the heavier models are nice. I've learned to not get in a hurry and over work the machine. It can do a lot of things......but it ain't indestructible!

Something else on the stump bucket that's hard to see in the pics. The bottom of it is slightly curved so you get the added benefit of leverage with the machine weight. The serrations on the sides work well ripping the larger roots also.