Insurance - bundle

Barfolomew

Who do people recommendation for car, home and liability umbrella coverage? My current insurance provider is dumping everyone in Georgia and I need to find a new provider.

2x Car
1x primary residence
1x rental
1x umbrella liability across all 4 of above.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I’ve had the same policy number since 1988 and had the same Agent from 88 to 2018 when he retired.

My truck has guaranteed policy renewal but they’re dropping all my other stuff. Had 3 tornado / hail damage claims last year. They say the 3 in 36 got me.

Needless to say I’m furious but I’ll never be loyal to another company. If one beats the other by .02 cents I’m swapping going forward.

So far Geico has come in on the cheapest rate for me on the policies I’m getting dropped.

Last edited:

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I changed company's in 2022.

Georgia Farm Bureau came out the best for my needs with a $1M umbrella policy.

ClemsonRangers

changing to auto-owners now, through an independent agent

had travelers for ten years but they kept going up and up

ClemsonRangers

i am curious about progressive, they gave me a great home owners quote

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been with Allstate for many years. Got vehicles and homeowners. I’ve always had great service from them and the prices aren’t bad.

I’ve had the same policy number since 1998 and had the same Agent from 88 to 2018 when he retired.

My truck has guaranteed policy renewal but they’re dropping all my other stuff. Had 3 tornado / hail damage claims last year. They say the 3 in 36 got me.

Needless to say I’m furious but I’ll never be loyal to another company. If one beats the other by .02 cents I’m swapping going forward.

So far Geico has come in on the cheapest rate for me on the policies I’m getting dropped.
Yep same thing happened to me. I do the same as you now !

pjciii

Who do people recommendation for car, home and liability umbrella coverage? My current insurance provider is dumping everyone in Georgia and I need to find a new provider.

2x Car
1x primary residence
1x rental
1x umbrella liability across all 4 of above.

Who is your insurance provider or who was?

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Ate you eligible for USAA?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
We had GEICO for years for auto and a local independent for home, but GEICO just went insane on my auto, raised my rates by triple from one 6 months to the next. I’m now with an independent, but my auto through him is with Progressive. Homeowners is Foremost. My independent agent has beat the brakes off of GEICO on auto and he treats me right on my other properties as well. He checks at every renewal for better rates, he knows I don’t care to be loyal to any insurance company anymore.

basshappy

BANNED
We don't put all of our eggs in one basket. My autos are with two different providers, her auto is with a different provider, and our home with a fourth provider.

GeorgiaBob

My wife and I have been with Country Financial since we moved to GA in 2008. We now have three cars and two homes insured. The local agent has been nice and he does pay attention. They didn't show the homeowner's as paid when due last week and the agent called my wife a soon as he saw the internal report. Turns out it was a processing glitch on their part. He tracked it down fixed it and made sure we knew it was their mistake but was fixed. I'm not glad they made a mistake, but it is nice to know someone is watching and will work to fix it.

The only claim we ever had was a roof repair after some minor hail damage that caused a leak. Their claims adjuster walked the roof, climbed around in the attic, and told us we needed a new roof, plus a list of other repairs. The insurance company paid all but the first $K (deductible), plus they added an allowance for other repairs and painting (we didn't spend all that they allowed and the promptly reimbursed for every item invoiced). The people we delt with were fast, polite, and responsive. Even better, the premium went DOWN the next year due to a new roof discount!

Not saying you will have the same experience, or that your local Country Financial agent will be as good as Brooks Joiner in St Marys, but it might be worth checking their prices.