Insurance - bundle

hipster dufus

This past spring my rates went up, im with travelers. Shopped around, couldn't find anything cheaper. Usaa is way high.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I had been with USAA since 1986, and never made a claim. I carry big deductibles, and just eat minor stuff.

Their price went sky high, and service went down the toilet. Their customer service which used to be excellent, is gone. Takes forever to get a real person on the phone.

I was trying to negotiate a lower rate based on my long standing membership and record, but they were having none of it. Flat out told me that membership was a PRIVELIGE...

You're Fired, USAA. Loyalty my hind end...

With Farm Bureau now, at almost half the rate, with a local agent I've known all my life.

Hillbilly stalker

Mark State Farm off the list. I’ve had them on everything I have ever owned. They are great…..until you try to file a claim. My neighborhood had several claims because of a wind storm several years ago. I had tree limbs down and roof damage. They fought me tooth and nail. Their very own contractor told me if I had Farm Bureau Insurance……I would have had instant repairs without the hassle. He worked for several companies and said State Farm was the absolute worst. Loyalty has ZERO to do with it, it’s all business.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Mark State Farm off the list. I’ve had them on everything I have ever owned. They are great…..until you try to file a claim. My neighborhood had several claims because of a wind storm several years ago. I had tree limbs down and roof damage. They fought me tooth and nail. Their very own contractor told me if I had Farm Bureau Insurance……I would have had instant repairs without the hassle. He worked for several companies and said State Farm was the absolute worst. Loyalty has ZERO to do with it, it’s all business.
I experienced the same with State Farm.
Was with the for 20 years. no claims even on vehicles.
I noticed shingles loose in several places on the roof and attributed it to several recent storms.
Called the adjuster and was told the roof was installed wrong when the house was built and they wouldn't cover it. Some of the nails weren't all in the tar line was their excuse.

Like you, I told them bye.

BassRaider

I've been with Allstate since the early 80's. 2 autos, house, boat and only had claims for wife's auto accident and new roof. I've saved about $300 on auto by upping my deduct, doing online driver course, and paying upfront. instead of monthly.
Still not happy but hard to get good numbers from other insurance companies.

donblfihu

Does anyone have aaa or aarp are they any good?

Gator89

I’ve been with Allstate for many years. Got vehicles and homeowners. I’ve always had great service from them and the prices aren’t bad.

Me too, but they would not write me a homeowner policy in FL when I moved back in 2019.

I used Farmers from about 1994 to 1999, been Allstate since.

Redbow

All insurance companies are going up on coverage here in NC this year so they said on TV a few weeks ago. We have Farm Bureau they go up on our homeowners at least 400 bucks every year. But this year I think it will be worse. I can't complain about their vehicle coverage prices though with Farm Bureau. A friend of mine who owns a big beach house on the Ocean front is bracing for how much his homeowners will go up this year. A friend of his over there on the beach side his insurance went up 10k above what he already pays for coverage. You gotta pay to play.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I never had an issue with any claim. My State Farm problem is very confusing. My Agent told me that the 3 / 36 month clause got me. My letter stated driving record. I questioned how comprehensive claims are used as driving record. So, turns up a truck I sold was wrecked a day after I sold it. The person that bought it rear ended another car. I kept my tag so I’m still confused as how this was on my record. It took two weeks to get it removed. Fortunately, I made a copy of the title and bill of sale to prove the sale date and had email where I notified my Agent when I sold it - on the day it sold.

My wife had a fender bender in a parking lot. She was not at fault. We were told (I don’t know how true this is) that if neither driver is found at fault the insurance company assumes both drivers at fault. So…on private property most fenders benders walk away with no driver given a ticket.

My wife’s car was being dropped because we had 2 claims in 36 months, one claim came off because it wasn’t mine……

Long story short - I switched Agents to get all that fixed. Then, my wife took out a policy of her own since the car is in her name…….get this…….sane State Farm Agent I switched to.

In a few months when her claim falls off (3 yrs old) we can combine policies again.

But, I am marking them off as soon as I can find another insurer that’ll give me guaranteed renewal policies.

Jeff Holt

I actually just got a quote from Allstate on one of my autos. I was told they are not taking on any new home insurance clients in Georgia right now. Rates weren't that good on a single car but a lot better on multiple cars.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I been with USAA for auto for decades. I like no the hassles service. The house is with Auto Owners through an independent agent.

Rebel 3

I had GEICO and they went way up. I dropped them for a year and went with state farm. Now I am back with GEICO and they are saving us a couple thousand.

jdgator

I had been with USAA since 1986, and never made a claim. I carry big deductibles, and just eat minor stuff.

Their price went sky high, and service went down the toilet. Their customer service which used to be excellent, is gone. Takes forever to get a real person on the phone.

I was trying to negotiate a lower rate based on my long standing membership and record, but they were having none of it. Flat out told me that membership was a PRIVELIGE...

You're Fired, USAA. Loyalty my hind end...

With Farm Bureau now, at almost half the rate, with a local agent I've known all my life.

I know what you mean.

I've had USAA since 2000. I got my first mortgage, homeowners insurance, and debit card through USAA. I still have their auto insurance but they are losing me.

The quality of their service has downhill and they are not price competitive. It used to be that when I called with an issue, a person would take it on as a case and worked until they resolved it. Now I have to make 3 or 4 calls to different departments over the course of two weeks. And even then, I get put on hold and I get passed between divisions. They no longer take ownership of their customers problems. I want to support them but they are making it difficult for me.

On the other hand, I have had credit cards through Capital One for over twenty years. The longer I have been with them, the better they have treated me. And now when I call it goes to a representative who gets things resolved for me.

MudDucker

Staff member
I use an independent agent and make sure they shop mine every 2 years. There is zero loyalty these days, so why not go with the best rate. Ive got Grange on my farm stuff, State Auto on my cars and home. Had claims for the hurricane damage and did not have an issue, except with my Cincinnati policy on my office. That adjuster was very had to get to on a regular basis.

ucfireman

I got Auto owners, Been with them about 3-4 years, Saved a bit when I switched but the premiums have gone up every year, thanks to Ga's insurance committee allowing companies to raise rates with no reasoning (happened a number of years ago).
Have filed 2 claims and both handled quick and painlessly.
I need to shop around this year though.