Interracial Marriage

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
My friend and all his friends that I have met in Forrest Mississippi are again' in yet they accept me and my wife. I think the animosity is mostly geared towards blacks and whites.

You have said a mouthful right here. We have a tendency to be disbelieving or hatefulof a ton of lives and lifestyles, but give a free pass to ourselves or our inner circle.

I don't care much for blacks. But I love the ones I know.

I don't care much for gays, But it's all good for the ones I know.

Can't stand drugheads. I'll do anything in the world for the ones I know (aside from enabling).

It goes on, and on, and on.

ky55

I tell them that if it was theoretically possible for them to date before they either turn 26 or get their masters degree, whichever comes last, that I don’t care what color the guy is
As long as he has a solid walk with Christ.

So are saying it is more acceptable to be a bigot than a racist?

Definition of bigot
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices;

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not much these days. A lot of the older members of my family would have turned wrong-side out if one of us had married a black person, though. The funny thing is, they wouldn't blink an eye over a white guy marrying an Asian woman, and some of them were themselves married to Cherokee Indians from the nearby reservation.

WaltL1

I have 2 daughters who are teens but not old enough to date. Both have showed mild interest in black boys and questioned me on it. I get the impression that it’s the “cool” thing to do for white girls these days to date a black boy.
I tell them that if it was theoretically possible for them to date before they either turn 26 or get their masters degree, whichever comes last, that I don’t care what color the guy is
As long as he has a solid walk with Christ.

That being said I discourage it because of the huge cultural
divide. imho
No dating before 26 or a Masters?
I predict frustrating days ahead for you in the near future :rofl:

Last edited:

WaltL1

You have said a mouthful right here. We have a tendency to be disbelieving or hatefulof a ton of lives and lifestyles, but give a free pass to ourselves or our inner circle.

I don't care much for blacks. But I love the ones I know.

I don't care much for gays, But it's all good for the ones I know.

Can't stand drugheads. I'll do anything in the world for the ones I know (aside from enabling).

It goes on, and on, and on.
Its an interesting dichotomy.
The fact that you are all good or love the ones you know makes it plain as day that's its the individual person that matters yet we cant help lumping the ones we don't know into "groups" that we are indoctrinated not to like.
Each generation is chipping away at it though.

red neck richie

Its an interesting dichotomy.
The fact that you are all good or love the ones you know makes it plain as day that's its the individual person that matters yet we cant help lumping the ones we don't know into "groups" that we are indoctrinated not to like.
Each generation is chipping away at it though.
Seriously Walter? Contrary to your belief not everyone was indoctrinated. I think you need to see a therapist about what happened to you as a child. If you are a wise man you take each relationship Independently for what it is not what other say it is or should be.

Last edited:

red neck richie

BTW I have an Aunt that is married to a black man I have an Uncle that is married to a black women. My sister married a Hispanic. I could care less. Its your life and it is short so whatever make you happy. I could really care less what others think.

WaltL1

Seriously Walter? Contrary to your belief not everyone was indoctrinated. I think you need to see a therapist about what happened to you as a child. If you are a wise man you take each relationship Independently for what it is not what other say it is or should be.
I dont think you fully understand what "indoctrination" is.
It doesn't mean you have to be sat down and someone drilling into your head to not like this or that.
Interracial marriages, particularly black/white is still not accepted by most of society. You are indoctrinated by that. Its whats around you. Until very recently when you turn on the tv you only saw white/white or black/black couples. You are indoctrinated by that. Lots and lots of examples where you are being indoctrinated and don't even know it.
Indoctrination is not a bad word or an insult. Its just reality.

red neck richie

I dont think you fully understand what "indoctrination" is.
It doesn't mean you have to be sat down and someone drilling into your head to not like this or that.
Interracial marriages, particularly black/white is still not accepted by most of society. You are indoctrinated by that. Its whats around you. Until very recently when you turn on the tv you only saw white/white or black/black couples. You are indoctrinated by that. Lots and lots of examples where you are being indoctrinated and don't even know it.
Indoctrination is not a bad word or an insult. Its just reality.
For some perhaps. But for free thinkers they could care less what someone said on tv. Or what society thinks. I strongly disagree. Only weak minded people can be indoctrinated. You seem to be hung up on this evaluation of people that have views different from yours?

red neck richie

I may be thinking outside of the box here but what if people are capable of coming up with their own conclusions based on life experiences?

WaltL1

For some perhaps. But for free thinkers they could care less what someone said on tv. Or what society thinks. I strongly disagree. Only weak minded people can be indoctrinated. You seem to be hung up on this evaluation of people that have views different from yours?
Nonsense.
You are a hunter. Ever have a conversation with a buddy about the wacko PETA people and maybe your kids heard you? That plants the seed in their mind to be against PETA people.
I grew up in a Sicilian family. As a kid I would listen in on the adult conversations. Old Sicilian folks refer to black folks as mulignans. That's Sicilian for eggplant. Get the connection? Nobody ever sat me down and said be against black folks. But I knew they were different from me and not in a positive way.
Kids aren't free thinkers. They pick up on whats around them and go with it.
If you think only weak minded people can be indoctrinated you most definitely don't understand indoctrination.

red neck richie

Nonsense.
You are a hunter. Ever have a conversation with a buddy about the wacko PETA people and maybe your kids heard you? That plants the seed in their mind to be against PETA people.
I grew up in a Sicilian family. As a kid I would listen in on the adult conversations. Old Sicilian folks refer to black folks as mulignans. That's Sicilian for eggplant. Get the connection? Nobody ever sat me down and said be against black folks. But I knew they were different from me and not in a positive way.
Kids aren't free thinkers. They pick up on whats around them and go with it.
If you think only weak minded people can be indoctrinated you most definitely don't understand indoctrination.
Walter I think your wrong on Your assessment. Sure there are some that learn from what others tell them probably around 50%. But there are just as many that find out for themselves. Like I said only weak minded people can be indoctrinated. I have a coworker that use to be a member of Peta. I now share hog sausage with him.

WaltL1

I may be thinking outside of the box here but what if people are capable of coming up with their own conclusions based on life experiences?
Of course they can.
Key words - life experiences.
Most people are indoctrinated in way or another on a variety of subjects long before they have any real life experiences.

WaltL1

Walter I think your wrong on Your assessment. Sure there are some that learn from what others tell them probably around 50%. But there are just as many that find out for themselves. Like I said only weak minded people can be indoctrinated. I have a coworker that use to be a member of Peta. I now share hog sausage with him.
Don't take my word for it. There are volumes of information on the subject.
Here's a simple one -
Lots of guys swear by Ford. Never owned a Chevy.
Why do they swear by Ford then?
Daddy drove one.
That's a form of indoctrination.
You think indoctrination is a bad word and it only applies to weak people.
You don't actually know what it means.

red neck richie

Of course they can.
Key words - life experiences.
Most people are indoctrinated in way or another on a variety of subjects long before they have any real life experiences.
I get it brother walt. You were brow beat with this as a child and it sounds like you never got over it. To each their own.

WaltL1

I get it brother walt. You were brow beat with this as a child and it sounds like you never got over it. To each their own.
That's really ignorant my friend.
You don't know crap about my childhood and you don't know crap about indoctrination.
Im out on this subject as Im quickly losing my ability to stay patient with you.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
People learn from observing others too. They don't have to personally experience everything to form an opinion about a subject. I like a Dodge truck even though my Dad never owned one. He is a Chevy man. I own 5 trucks right now, and none of them are Chevys.

red neck richie

That's really ignorant my friend.
You don't know crap about my childhood and you don't know crap about indoctrination.
Im out on this subject as Im quickly losing my ability to stay patient with you.
Guess I don't know carp. Have a nice indoctrinated life. You sound so bitter. Hate it for you. Maybe find a therapist.