It is getting close...

frankwright

time for some payback on those deer that taunted me just out of longbow range.

What Muzzleloader will you be using?

Load, Bullet Etc?

For me it will be a CVA .50 Pistol, I am using 90 Grains Multi Black Powder with a Barnes 225 XBP bullet.

I have a scope on it now but have not taken a new picture.CVA Optima Pistol Range Day!.jpgCVA Optima Pistol Range Day!.jpg

earlthegoat2

Remington 700 ML 54 cal. MMP Purple 54/50 sabots and 300 gr .500 cal Hornady FTX bullets and 90 gr 3F T7. Groups around 1.5” @100. I’m keeping this one loaded until I unload it at a live deer target whether in primitive weapons season or regular firearm.

My primary will be this ASM Hawken .58 cal. .570 PRB in front of 100 gr 3F holy Black. Shoot one with this and then switch to the 700ML.IMG_1622.jpeg

Last edited:

krizia829

Dad let me keep his Traditions Buckstalker 50cal. Shooting it with Smackdown Carnivore 250gr bullets. Using Winchester primers and 100gr of Triple7 pellets

I removed the Traditions scope it came with and replaced it in the meantime with a Konus scope, but will someday in the near future like something much better

My Traditions Vortek will sit out this year. Haven't had the time to give it a deep clean to get all that rust out of the barrel but hoping to get it going for next year!

Good luck to all! It's gonna be a fun weekend!

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
T/C Impact (as seen in current profile pic) w/ 240 gr "Cheap Shot" lead hollowpoint sabots over 2 Triple-7 pellets. In the process of switching to 300-gr XTP's, but haven't had a chance to zero them yet.

Last edited:

Darkhorse

And I'll be using "Old Annie" one of my own builds. Loaded with 70 grains of 3fg real black powder. Pushing a .530 round ball in a traditional patch.
SS850122.jpg

Last edited:

georgia_home

cva optima 50, 90gr t7 and powerbelt 295gr tipped

georgia_home

Which vintage 700 do you have? late 90’s? Or the newer model from early 10’s? Iirc

Remington 700 ML 54 cal. MMP Purple 54/50 sabots and 300 gr .500 cal Hornady FTX bullets and 90 gr 3F T7. Groups around 1.5” @100. I’m keeping this one loaded until I unload it at a live deer target whether in primitive weapons season or regular firearm.

My primary will be this ASM Hawken .58 cal. .570 PRB in front of 100 gr 3F holy Black. Shoot one with this and then switch to the 700ML.View attachment 1261170

snuffy

Going to miss the opener this year.
Hunting property was sold.

earlthegoat2

Which vintage 700 do you have? late 90’s? Or the newer model from early 10’s? Iirc

90s.

Black plastic stock and stainless metal. Badger Ridge 209 conversion.

Love the modern inline 54 cals for some weird reason. I also have an MK-85 stainless 54 and a very uncommon (or even rare) Knight DISC 54.

I also like large bore side locks as pictured above. Need a 75 cal smoothbore of some kind.

deast1988

I have an optima v2 pistol sighted in with 100gr of imr whitehots and a 290gr bore driver hornady. Warne rings and a 2x Burris.

I got a rifle traditions buck stalker all factory, 2 60gr magnum 777 pellets, 250gr Barnes spitfire.

Goal is to crack one with my pistol.

georgia_home

Same here. Still with the caps. Only issue vs cva is the takedown after shooting. mo complicated. otherwise I like it.

Can’t use it here as ML season says no scopes, and it’s topped with nikon. Oh well, the cva will do this year. I hope.

a friend had that disc gun.

90s.

Black plastic stock and stainless metal. Badger Ridge 209 conversion.

Love the modern inline 54 cals for some weird reason. I also have an MK-85 stainless 54 and a very uncommon (or even rare) Knight DISC 54.

I also like large bore side locks as pictured above. Need a 75 cal smoothbore of some kind.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
IMG_2310.jpeg

the Lackster

Heading to the hills in the am. Got the wolf loaded with 80 gr of blackhorn 209, cci shotgun primer, and a 300 gr hornady sst. She did good on the range last week!Screenshot_20231013_200223_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

rugerfan

CVA Optima V2 110 Grains of Blackhorn 209 pushing a 300 Grain Harvestor Scorpion PT Gold in a Black Crush Rib Sabot. Federal 209 Primers.

Back up load is 110 Grains of Blackhorn pushing 300 Grain Hornady SST.

There was only a 1/2" difference in the loads at 100 yards.