It Won`t Save You

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The theme song of the South. I like ol` Hank, one of the very few I went to see in concert, got most of his music, think the world of him. But he made a severe disservice to folks with this song, because everybody that has a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 wheel drive, thinks they will survive. Bull crap. just because you can skin a buck and run a trotline doesn`t even come close to allowing you to survive. It`s a good song but nothing but entertainment.

:stir: :pop:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drhunter1

I can do a lot with a shotgun and a 45. And you won’t get far trying to survive without weapons. Shelter and water are essentials and just because he didn’t have those in his lyrics doesn’t mean everyone is just going to stop at a shotgun and a .45.

The spirit of the song remains IMHO.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
everybody that has a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 wheel drive, thinks they will survive. Bull crap. just because you can skin a buck and run a trotline doesn`t even come close to allowing you to survive.

But the ones that have that and the knowledge that goes with it, has a purty dang good start on surviving longer than most city dwellers..............
;)

drhunter1

everybody that has a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4 wheel drive, thinks they will survive. Bull crap. just because you can skin a buck and run a trotline doesn`t even come close to allowing you to survive.

But the ones that have that and the knowledge that goes with it, has a purty dang good start on surviving longer than most city dwellers..............
;)
A 4 wheel drive ain’t gonna do much when you ain’t got no fuel.

Being in good physical condition to start with is a must because you’re probably gonna be walking.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Come on folks, your deer is about to spoil. What you gonna do?

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Smoke it and trade some of it for other necessities; flour, sugar, vegetables and such. Wrap and bury everything to keep it as cool as possible, and to protect from animals.