It's a coming.

Lumpkin Hunter

Don't know about you folks but I can't wait until deer season. This will be around my 50th year deer hunting. The good Lord has blessed me with some great hunts not only because I killed a deer but because of the companions I have hunted with. When I think back on all of the years past I think of my Uncles that got me into hunting deer, my father in law that taught me a lot about deer behavior and how to understand it somewhat, all of my friends I have hunted with through out the years all of them have been great buddies to share the deer and turkey woods with. All of those folks have helped me create great memories some exciting, some funny and some disappointing all which have made my hunting a great adventure. I'll miss the ones that are gone and look forward to spending time with the ones that share the woods with me in the future.
I hope to create more great memories for as long as the Lord will allow me to spend time in the woods hunting and enjoying his great creations. Enjoy your time in the woods this year for what it is. Take time to reflect on each hunt to enjoy what is given to you to see and be a part of. Good luck, I hope each of you kill a buck or doe that excites you and fulfill your dreams. I know when I am blessed with a hunt that excites me I will know it is because of all of the people in my past that have set the stage for me. Hopefully I can do the same for someone else.
God Bless, be safe, kill ya a big-un.

stringmusic

Awesome post!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yep well said , same way I feel , been 38 years since I killed my first and can’t wait to get back after em , good luck to u also !