Its officially happening- SEC expansion

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Riiiggghhhttttt because UGA and UF have not won 23 or more SEC titles with Alabama in the conference.

Will it be more difficult? Certainly....but it is easier to play Alabama with them having a week to prepare than it is with them having a couple of weeks or a month. Ole Miss, TAM and Auburn have managed to beat Alabama during Saban's run and none of them had the overall talent those seasons that UGA and UF have most seasons. No, it won't be easy but it ain't cut and dried that it will never happen again.
So why can’t Kirby beat saban with the “overall talent” he has? Difficult? Lol. Impossible

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Conference expansion has definitely dampened the desire to expand the playoffs. The lesser conferences are of the opinion that the SEC has made its own bed and can now sleep in it with at most 2 SEC teams in the 4 team playoff. What these sour grape sufferers fail to recognize is TV OWNS CFB lock stock and barrel and there is more interest in say Alabama, LSU, UGA and Oklahoma in the playoff than they are in watching Ohio State and Clemson and Notre Dame get waylaid in the first round. The playoff committee has, to date, proven to be pretty adapt at selecting the BEST teams for the playoffs. That trend will continue whether the playoff is expanded or not...and it is entirely likely the playoff will consist of 3 SEC teams and either Ohio State or Clemson some years.

On top of this the supporters of CFB widely support the idea of playoff expansion. The market for it is there and TV will see that it happens sooner than later.

Finally most CFB programs and the other conferences need playoff expansion for the revenue it will drive. The other conferences can and will pooch their lips out, whine and snivel about fairness and the evil SEC but at the end of the day playoff expansion is going to happen because there is too much money in it for it not to....and on off years the SEC with its 16 teams will have 25% of the slots and in good years may approach 75% of them.
You are full of yourself this morning ain’t ya. 12 sec teams in the playoff? ???

bullgator

Conference expansion has definitely dampened the desire to expand the playoffs. The lesser conferences are of the opinion that the SEC has made its own bed and can now sleep in it with at most 2 SEC teams in the 4 team playoff. What these sour grape sufferers fail to recognize is TV OWNS CFB lock stock and barrel and there is more interest in say Alabama, LSU, UGA and Oklahoma in the playoff than they are in watching Ohio State and Clemson and Notre Dame get waylaid in the first round. The playoff committee has, to date, proven to be pretty adapt at selecting the BEST teams for the playoffs. That trend will continue whether the playoff is expanded or not...and it is entirely likely the playoff will consist of 3 SEC teams and either Ohio State or Clemson some years.

On top of this the supporters of CFB widely support the idea of playoff expansion. The market for it is there and TV will see that it happens sooner than later.

Finally most CFB programs and the other conferences need playoff expansion for the revenue it will drive. The other conferences can and will pooch their lips out, whine and snivel about fairness and the evil SEC but at the end of the day playoff expansion is going to happen because there is too much money in it for it not to....and on off years the SEC with its 16 teams will have 25% of the slots and in good years may approach 75% of them.
I agree with you on the TV influence of the playoff selections. But that’s exactly why they get it wrong at times. They try to hard to include a broader viewing audience in their selections. That’s why OSU got put in over Texas A&M in my opinion. Same could be said for the year OSU didn’t even play in their own conferences championship game. Also, if ND is anywhere near the top 6-7 at the end of the season, the committee will do everything they can to push them in.

MCBUCK

BBQ is pig. Period. It is not a way of cooking it is pork slowly smoked to perfection.

The trouble is folks who ought to know better (Texans) either don't or have forgotten and act as if cooking any meat over some sort of fire is BBQ....to the point that you will be invited to a BBQ in Texas and when you arrive you will find it is, instead, a cook out where burgers and hot dogs are on the menu. Folks from the south know what BBQ is and it is not a cooking technique....BBQ is pig, period.

Please tell me you use matches and a real fire.
Please tell me you ain’t a traeger guy. Please tell me you use actual split hickory or oak.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Riiiggghhhttttt because UGA and UF have not won 23 or more SEC titles with Alabama in the conference.

Will it be more difficult? Certainly....but it is easier to play Alabama with them having a week to prepare than it is with them having a couple of weeks or a month. Ole Miss, TAM and Auburn have managed to beat Alabama during Saban's run and none of them had the overall talent those seasons that UGA and UF have most seasons. No, it won't be easy but it ain't cut and dried that it will never happen again.

I agree completely that TAM should have been in last year over OSU. The committee bowed to pressure from the Big 10. They won't have to do that going forward as the SEC will simply be too powerful to ignore....money makes that a reality and Vanderbilt is on the verge of receiving a projected 80% more revenue from the SEC than Ohio State receives from the big 10 with the addition of OU and UT to the SEC. SOmewhere in the neighborhood of $90 million for Vandy annually compared to about $50 million for Ohio State. That kind of money gets people's attention.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Please tell me you use matches and a real fire.
Please tell me you ain’t a traeger guy. Please tell me you use actual split hickory or oak.

Usually a long butane match but hickory ONLY. And vinegar as god intended pig to be cooked.

I have told my wife to be on the lookout for 2 things which would indicate my needing to be placed in a looney bin. The first is talking about or actually buying a Yeti. Ain't planning on getting more than 5 days from a bag of ice and I ain't once had a grizzly bear attack a cooler...even in grizzly country. If I ever do encounter such a thing the last thing on my mind is going to be the security of my been and bacon....where I am going to get a clean pair of drawers is going to trump beer security. The second one is my talking about or actually buying ANY outdoor cooking device that costs more than about $200. I can do anything those things can do with my barrel smoker and I get to drink beer and smoke cigars while its doing it because I can't leave the thing for more than a little while.....at least as far as the wife knows....

GTMODawg

BANNED
You are full of yourself this morning ain’t ya. 12 sec teams in the playoff? ???
It will be 4 every year and will approach 8 at times, yes. In a 12 team playoff 12 would be 100% That would be hard to imagine, 75% of 12 or 8? Not so much with OU and Texas in the mix. That would only require the committee to see 6 of Bama, UGA, LSU, UF, Auburn, Tennessee (they aint going to suck forever) TAM, Ole Miss, MSU and even South Carolina and Arkansas as among the 12 best teams in the country and 7-8 SEC teams in a 12 team field is not far fetched. There have been times in the current system with 50% of the field from the SEC and one of those included a year when OU was also...3 of 4 is 75%. There have been other years where it was blatantly obvious, given the outcome of the semi finals, that there should have been 3 SEC teams of the 4 teams selected. 6-7 and sometimes nearly 8 of 12 aint no mountain for a climber....

GTMODawg

BANNED
So why can’t Kirby beat saban with the “overall talent” he has? Difficult? Lol. Impossible

SO Kirby has played Alabama once with one week to prepare and with far lower levels of talent than he has had had at UGA....last year when the midget was starting QB for UGA. UGA was winning that game at the half on the road. The other times Saban has had more than a week to prepare with comparable talent, winning the game in walk off fashion which required a blown assignment. That is far from impossible....that was a dead heat. The other time Saban had more than a week to prepare and had better talent and had to win the game in the 4th quarter. As I said, beating Saban is hard, it ain't impossible, unless of course you hail from the Big 10 then it probably is.....

MCBUCK

Usually a long butane match but hickory ONLY. And vinegar as god intended pig to be cooked.

I have told my wife to be on the lookout for 2 things which would indicate my needing to be placed in a looney bin. The first is talking about or actually buying a Yeti. Ain't planning on getting more than 5 days from a bag of ice and I ain't once had a grizzly bear attack a cooler...even in grizzly country. If I ever do encounter such a thing the last thing on my mind is going to be the security of my been and bacon....where I am going to get a clean pair of drawers is going to trump beer security. The second one is my talking about or actually buying ANY outdoor cooking device that costs more than about $200. I can do anything those things can do with my barrel smoker and I get to drink beer and smoke cigars while its doing it because I can't leave the thing for more than a little while.....at least as far as the wife knows....

You are one of the last like myself. The maintenance of fire comes from the basics of survival and is in my/our dna as much as hunting deer OTG ; I’ve always figured a man who uses electronics to smoke meat probably has a man bun, skinny pants and secretly owns a Prius. I bet they even drink Zima or White Claw while the synthetic pellets drop. I did spent $379 on a combo Oklahoma Joe because I do like to gas grill on short notice, so I guess I get dinged for that. But there ain’t nothing like smoke rollin off a set of ribs on a Saturday in October while watching the Dawgs and sipping on a Blue Moon or a Stove Pipe Silver Bullet. ( maybe I start it off with a shot of WL Weller or Woodford) It would just be a sin to sit there and listen to the timed drop of pellets instead of the gentle crackle of hickory.

MCBUCK

SO Kirby has played Alabama once with one week to prepare and with far lower levels of talent than he has had had at UGA....last year when the midget was starting QB for UGA. UGA was winning that game at the half on the road. The other times Saban has had more than a week to prepare with comparable talent, winning the game in walk off fashion which required a blown assignment. That is far from impossible....that was a dead heat. The other time Saban had more than a week to prepare and had better talent and had to win the game in the 4th quarter. As I said, beating Saban is hard, it ain't impossible, unless of course you hail from the Big 10 then it probably is.....

you forgot....

Tyler Simmons was onsides.

The only game I might ever make the statement that one call changed the outcome.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Good lord your excuses are long winded

GTMODawg

BANNED
You are one of the last like myself. The maintenance of fire comes from the basics of survival and is in my/our dna as much as hunting deer OTG ; I’ve always figured a man who uses electronics to smoke meat probably has a man bun, skinny pants and secretly owns a Prius. I bet they even drink Zima or White Claw while the synthetic pellets drop. I did spent $379 on a combo Oklahoma Joe because I do like to gas grill on short notice, so I guess I get dinged for that. But there ain’t nothing like smoke rollin off a set of ribs on a Saturday in October while watching the Dawgs and sipping on a Blue Moon or a Stove Pipe Silver Bullet. ( maybe I start it off with a shot of WL Weller or Woodford) It would just be a sin to sit there and listen to the timed drop of pellets instead of the gentle crackle of hickory.

Could not agree more! I know an old boy, by all outward appearances perfectly sane and raised right, who don't even listen to the pellets dropping....dude sets the temp on an electric smoker, adds some wood out of a plastic bag and leaves. The thing calls him on his phone and lets him know its ready to finish! I have received many a phone call from what one may term a butt but I ain't ever had a boston butt ring me up! I have seen this old boy start a butt smoking and paint three rooms of a house, 2 coats plus the trim, without ever setting down around the cooking meat and taking the time to recognize whats going on. I aint having it....

MCBUCK

Could not agree more! I know an old boy, by all outward appearances perfectly sane and raised right, who don't even listen to the pellets dropping....dude sets the temp on an electric smoker, adds some wood out of a plastic bag and leaves. The thing calls him on his phone and lets him know its ready to finish! I have received many a phone call from what one may term a butt but I ain't ever had a boston butt ring me up! I have seen this old boy start a butt smoking and paint three rooms of a house, 2 coats plus the trim, without ever setting down around the cooking meat and taking the time to recognize whats going on. I aint having it....

The 4-6 hours of smoke and fire tending is meant to be a time of reflection, libation consumption, and a time of telling lies. On any Saturday why would a man want to go paint a room when there is meat to be smoked and beer to be drank?
Chicken...I like to smoke me some yard bird. But I need to dial the smoke back some.

MCBUCK

Fair question maybe...maybe it isn't.....Now. Why can't the Bucknuts beat the SEC with their supposed superior "overall talent"? 2-11v the SEC in bowls....5-11 overall.
Just a question man.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Fair question maybe...maybe it isn't.....Now. Why can't the Bucknuts beat the SEC with their supposed superior "overall talent"? 2-11v the SEC in bowls....5-11 overall.
Just a question man.
Lol. Most of those games are in the distant past. We did beat Bama for a NC. I don’t think you can compare the team that went on the field back in January to the talent that was on that team with the numerous players out with COVID protocols. Even if the bucks had all their starters I don’t think we would have beat that Bama team though.

MCBUCK

2-6 since 2000...Define "distant past"

MCBUCK

That’s freaking hilarious