I've come to an undeniable conclusion

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Female engineers must be designing all the modern gas pumps now because they won't shut up! :mad:
No, I don't want to buy a fuel additive. No, I don't need to hear about all the latest entertainment news from my gas pump. I just want to pump my gas and go! :banginghe

oldfella1962

I feel your pain! And besides the junk on the screens, the questions:
Do you want a car wash? Are you a Kroger member? :rolleyes:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I just don’t pay it any attention. Now that you brought it up, I don’t believe my local Ingels has pumps has any such nonsense. I don’t travel much here lately so I can’t really say about gas stations

Baroque Brass

Female engineers must be designing all the modern gas pumps now because they won't shut up! :mad:
No, I don't want to buy a fuel additive. No, I don't need to hear about all the latest entertainment news from my gas pump. I just want to pump my gas and go! :banginghe
I was thinking that yesterday. I hate those things and I’ve never been able to find a mute button.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
The sunoco where I get gas has them, they are annoying. I just hit the mute button. Most of the time it's some liberal crap, from what little I hear before I hit the mute button.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I wondered if others besides myself were annoyed by those talking gas pumps. I try and avoid them but most convenience stores here have them now. I will look for the mute button now that I know about it.
My preferred convenience store has that feature gong back a year or two, I don’t like it a bit. I grew up in the 50s and 60s and there were attendants pumping gas then. I like pleasant talking store clerks too but they’re hard to find now days.

Redbow

My preferred convenience store has that feature gong back a year or two, I don’t like it a bit. I grew up in the 50s and 60s and there were attendants pumping gas then. I like pleasant talking store clerks too but they’re hard to find now days.
I grew up in the same era as you. My family ran a service station for years beside I-95 it was an Amoco full service station. Last full service station I knew about was in Florence SC when we lived there. The old Gentleman who ran it would not give it up it was a Texaco. He told me one day that he had more ladies buying his gas than men because the ladies didn't want to pump their own gas for fearing of gasoline splashing on them sometimes. I pumped many thousands of gallons of Amoco gasoline back in the day.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I grew up in the same era as you. My family ran a service station for years beside I-95 it was an Amoco full service station. Last full service station I knew about was in Florence SC when we lived there. The old Gentleman who ran it would not give it up it was a Texaco. He told me one day that he had more ladies buying his gas than men because the ladies didn't want to pump their own gas for fearing of gasoline splashing on them sometimes. I pumped many thousands of gallons of Amoco gasoline back in the day.
Yup, regular, unleaded or high test. Checked the oil too.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Don’t forget the dishes and steak knives and trading stamps.

Redbow

Especially if the driver was hawt and wearing a short skirt. The winds got extra attention!
Yep, them gals knew how to hike them skirts up when we washed the windshield for them, and smiling all the time they knew what they were doing to us young teen-agers at the time.