Jasper County 2014

Going down this weekend to do some looking around. Can any of the Jasper/Jones county guys shed some light on what the acorns are doing and if the bucks are leaving any sign yet ? Thanks !!!!!

FOURNOTCHHUNTER

No sign that I have seen on our club. Got a report that acorns are starting to fall a little bit. I am hunting Friday & Saturday will let you know next week what I see.

bamaboy

Our White Oaks are just starting to get acorns on them, not dropping yet, that was as of this past Saturday. We off Hwy 83

FOURNOTCHHUNTER

Hunted Friday Morn & Even and Sat morn. Did not see any deer. Did see couple of rubs and the acorns are beginning to fall. Did see quite a few deer on the roads in morning and evening.

FOURNOTCHHUNTER

On vacation November 3-9th I think it will be a good week in Jasper. Have been seeing lots of scrapes. Some guys on club say that bucks are chasing does. In my opinion the little guys begin chasing early then later on the big boys get up and get going. Looking forward to a good week with cooler temps.

Ricky

Our club prez saw a good one chasing ,2 weeks ago.That's the only chasing seen on our club,so far.Another member had a good one trailing about 15 minutes behind some does,last night,but couldn't get a shot.I'm seeing does every sit,but have yet to see anything with antlers.

armystrong20

i shot a 7 pointer last week came straight to the rattle bag looking for a fight i am on vac. all week and half the next week after so maybe a big one will step out

Ricky

I sat from 10 til dark yesterday.Passed on a 2.5 year 9 pointer,at 2:15,checking a scrape.Around 5pm I had 2 does and a buttonhead come through,feeding.They came back through,about 30 minutes later,minus one of the does.

bamaboy

I hunted from Oct 31 -Nov 8th and saw nothing but does. I saw no chasing, no bucks, no sign of the rut. I saw no deer after Tuesday morning, Nov 4th. Nov 5 - 8th no deer moving in our woods. We are off hwy 83.

FOURNOTCHHUNTER

I hunted November 3-9th - I killed a nice 10 pt. on Tuesday morning. Saw several small bucks and a few does. Also, killed hog on Wednesday morning. Great week in the woods. One other 8 pt. killed that week. There has been some chasing seen but not much.

armystrong20

i hunted all last week and all weekend saw nothing but 4 does i got 4 more days to hunt then i have to go back to work i havent seen anything rut signs but that doesnt mean it isnt going on i have heard of some chasing going on but i havent seen anything