Jekyll island boat ramp

Hunt75

I am wanting to fish around Jekyll Island and was needing information on the public ramp there. Is it deep enough at all tides to launch/load a 21 ft center console? Any other concerns I should be aware of? Thanks.

BriarPatch99

Yes it should be no problem .... We launch a 18.5' with no problems ....

Be careful as there are some concrete off to the sides of the ramp...
You will want to come in straightforward to the ramp...

This is the ramp behind Summer Waves right?

Hunt75

Yes it should be no problem .... We launch a 18.5' with no problems ....

Be careful as there are some concrete off to the sides of the ramp...
You will want to come in straightforward to the ramp...

This is the ramp behind Summer Waves right?

Ok thanks.. Yes. It’s the one behind Summer Waves.

BriarPatch99

And to the South .... St. Andrews Sound ...it can be wicked at times ... so be careful....

The Little Satilla to the West can be full of mud bars .... but really good fishing over that way and down ...

The Satilla can really be full of mud bars .... but good fishing ...

Rhodes

Great ramp. I always launch my 20' boat there and have never had any issue's. As has already been stated though, beware of a very narrow run at low tide north of the bridge and at times a treacherous St. Andrews sound to the south!

fuelman1

They are doing some dredging right now on the north side of the bridge further up the ICW. I'm hoping they dredge all the way down to the bridge. As others said, use abundant caution in the area. Lots of bars and St. Andrews can go from peaceful to really ugly in a big hurry.

ratherbefishin

Launching is no problem, but the ramp doesn't have much incline and you will likely have to back your truck axle underwater to float the boat off the trailer. I would use the ramp at Sydney Lanier bridge and keep my truck out of the saltwater.