Jimmy Buffett Gone Too Soon...

campboy

Y’all indulge me for a while. I was very busy over the weekend. Today is my day to sit by the pool, drink a margarita, and remember JB. I may post a few of my favorites

oldfella1962

@KS Bow Hunter I’m gonna have to read “A Pirate Looks At 50”. I’m facing that bend of the road in 2 years
Facing 50 in two years? Lightweight! :LOL: I wish I were 50 again. Then again when I was 50, I wished that I was 30. I need to invent a "30 spray" so we can all stay in our prime.

Tight Lines

One of the highlights of my life to see Jimmy and the Coral Reefer Band do this in 1981, what a show
I wish I had seen him earlier...my first concerts were in the early 80s. I didn't have a dime to spare, so traveling to shows was out of the question...and while I was listening to him back then, I was more into the hair metal scene of the 80s...I think the first time I saw him was in Cleveland...several shows there, then several in Denver, and several in Atlanta...was hoping he'd be playing in Vegas next spring but that didn't play out...

sleepr71

We watched a cover band sing JB songs Saturday night,had Margaritas last night,and Cheeseburgers at our little slice of paradise today. My wife has seen him 4 times in concert..so it was an all weekend deal. He had good music..

Sargent

Buffett flew his dogs to the University of Tennessee Vet hospital for care and checkups. I had a friend who worked there.

She got me his phone number from his file. I kept it in my address book- more as a conversation piece than anything else.

One night after attempting to live out one of his songs, I called the number about 3am. Upon the phone being answered, I slurred the words, "Is this really Jimmy Buffett?!?!"

Whoever answered the phone and was really mad. I woke him up. I was immediately hung up on.

I'd like to think it was Jimmy himself, but I am not sure. I was not in the state of mind to think critically at that point.

I called the number back a month or so later and it had been forwarded to Margaritaville. The line clicked a few times before it started ringing- at that time, that indicated a forwarded line.

I saw him a bunch of times, bought into the Parrothead lifestyle and even taught my kids to listen to him.

Sail on, sir!