John 14:6 says it all.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
“I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life...

As a believer, have you ever really considered the depth, breadth, implications and ramifications of what Christ said with regards to being the TRUTH.

All truth points to Christ. If something doesn’t it can’t be true. That’s just a starter. Any other believers care to chime in on the implications of this on reality as we perceive and interpret it?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

As a believer, have you ever really considered the depth, breadth, implications and ramifications of what Christ said with regards to being the TRUTH.

All truth points to Christ. If something doesn’t it can’t be true. That’s just a starter. Any other believers care to chime in on the implications of this on reality as we perceive and interpret it?
Any other believers may care a few floors up.

ambush80

Very interesting. It seems like you're trying to start a Bible study and discussion down here. Please, continue.

ambush80

"All truths point to Christ"

People can't resurrect from the dead. Is that true?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

j_seph

Any other believers may care a few floors up.
Apologetic
Christian apologetics (Greek: ἀπολογία, "verbal defence, speech in defence") is a branch of Christian theology that defends Christianity against objections.
1542390561385.png
Looks to me like he posted his question in the correct forum. This is the Apologetics forum isn't it? That being so it could even be possibly considered an Agnostics discussion! From my understanding you would be considered an Atheist. Wouldn't that mean you are stirring the pot under your own sub-forum since this is not an Atheism question in regards to whether you believe or not? Just as you accuse us (Christians) of doing by posting over here.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Apologetic
View attachment 949720
Looks to me like he posted his question in the correct forum. This is the Apologetics forum isn't it? That being so it could even be possibly considered an Agnostics discussion! From my understanding you would be considered an Atheist. Wouldn't that mean you are stirring the pot under your own sub-forum since this is not an Atheism question in regards to whether you believe or not? Just as you accuse us (Christians) of doing by posting over here.

Yes. It was specifically worded toward believers and the subject of the question is at the very heart of apologetics, philosophy, logic and reason: that being TRUTH and what Christ claimed as TRUTH, Himself being the living embodiment of it. That said, it's very appropriate in the AAA thread as an apologetics thread. That certain atheist have a problem with the subject, well there is an option; Bye.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Apologetic
View attachment 949720
Unless this is your first day in here you would know that I am not an atheist. I have spelled out how and why countless times. It leads me to believe that you purposely disregard any factual information that goes against what snippets you cling on to in your head.
Again, a full definition of what an apologist is and does.
(It is not bible verse discussion among believers despite you wanting and thinking that is what it is)

While you touched on the first few sentences regarding Apologist/Apologetics, I will now help you like I helped SFD (which he ignores and continues on anyway) in the other thread.

Apologetics (from Greek ἀπολογία, "speaking in defense") is the religious discipline of defending religious doctrines through systematic argumentation and discourse.

An apologist is someone who presents an apology or makes a practice of defending the faith. Apologists might (and do) develop their apologies within various intellectual contexts. That is, they may offer defenses of the Christian faith in relation to scientific, historical, philosophical, ethical, religious, theological, or cultural issues.
We may distinguish, then, four functions, goals, modes, or aspects of apologetics. The first may be called vindication (Beattie) or proof (Frame) and involves marshaling philosophical arguments as well as scientific and historical evidences for the Christian faith. The goal of apologetics here is to develop a positive case for Christianity as a belief system that should be accepted. Philosophically, this means drawing out the logical implications of the Christian worldview so that they can be clearly seen and contrasted with alternate worldviews. Such a contrast necessarily raises the issue of criteria of verification if these competing truth claims are to be assessed. The question of the criteria by which Christianity is proved is a fundamental point of contention among proponents of the various kinds of Christian apologetic systems.

The second function is defense. This function is closest to the New Testament and early Christian use of the word apologia: defending Christianity against the plethora of attacks made against it in every generation by critics of varying belief systems. This function involves clarifying the Christian position in light of misunderstandings and misrepresentations; answering objections, criticisms, or questions from non-Christians; and in general clearing away any intellectual difficulties that nonbelievers claim stand in the way of their coming to faith. More generally, the purpose of apologetics as defense is not so much to show that Christianity is true as to show that it is credible.

The third function is refutation of opposing beliefs (what Frame calls “offense”). This function focuses on answering, not specific objections to Christianity, but the arguments non-Christians give in support of their own beliefs. Most apologists agree that refutation cannot stand alone, since proving a non-Christian religion or philosophy to be false does not prove that Christianity is true. Nevertheless, it is an essential function of apologetics.

The fourth function is persuasion. By this we do not mean merely convincing people that Christianity is true, but persuading them to apply its truth to their life. This function focuses on bringing non-Christians to the point of commitment. The apologist’s intent is not merely to win an intellectual argument, but to persuade people to commit their lives and eternal futures into the trust of the Son of God who died for them. We might also speak of this function as evangelism or witness.

ambush80

Apologetic
View attachment 949720

I agree, kind of. I'm still skeptical about his intent. It reeks of "hit and run" proselytizing, which is the same thing that Brother David and Isreal do. SFD's post is begging to talk about truth and how we determine what it is. We've done that before but I don't think we've exhausted the discussion at all. There's lots of meat on those bones still.

So lets talk about how we determine what's true.....again.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Yes. It was specifically worded toward believers and the subject of the question is at the very heart of apologetics, philosophy, logic and reason: that being TRUTH and what Christ claimed as TRUTH, Himself being the living embodiment of it. That said, it's very appropriate in the AAA thread as an apologetics thread. That certain atheist have a problem with the subject, well there is an option; Bye.
Oh I wouldn't think of leaving and missing this gathering of true apologists talking bible verses amongst each other.
I will gladly hang around and challenge your impressive apologetic skills, well I'll certainly try anyway but I have almost no hope with the plethora of skilled apologists that will partake.
After all, defending ones religion as an apologetic is much more than a bunch of like minded pot stirrers getting together and discussing bible verses, every great apologist needs some opposition in order to be able to showcase their defensive skills and how they are able to back up what is written in scripture with the realities of the outside world.

By all means O Grand Pubas of Apologetics....continue on!!!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I agree, kind of. I'm still skeptical about his intent. It reeks of "hit and run" proselytizing, which is the same thing that Brother David and Isreal do. SFD's post is begging to talk about truth and how we determine what it is. We've done that before but I don't think we've exhausted the discussion at all. There's lots of meat on those bones still.

So lets talk about how we determine what's true.....again.
That and no true apologist just want to talk with other believers. They pride themselves on being capable of defending their stance against those who offer compelling counterpoints backed by sound reasoning, scientific and historical facts, and a true apologist does it in ways that are explained without using the bible contents as their own source of proof.

These guys are good though so i am excited to watch them showcase their skills.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Let me also say how humbled I am that SFD, Brother Dave, and a few others feel compelled to post in the AAA forum rather than where their peers post above. I am glad they feel that the AAA usuals are a little more forgiving of their religious views and that we give them more attention than they get above.

Brother David

WHAT A AWESOME THREAD !!!

I really love the opening thread , it really started me to think about why I really do believe and gave me the vigor to continue to defend Christianity !

Couldn't think of better place to start than among those who are still undecided and defensive !

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

I really love the opening thread , it really started me to think about why I really do believe and gave me the vigor to continue to defend Christianity !

Couldn't think of better place to start than among those who are still undecided and defensive !
Tell it all Brother! Tell it all!!!!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Ps, if we are counting. Three believers posted since SFD made the OP(one being sfd himself) and NONE addressed the OP itself!!
The apologetic talent that courses through the veins of a few in here is truly a sight to witness.
Men, no, Demi-gods ( if you'll accept my compliment ) please continue with the display of apologetic skill.

WaltL1

Apologetic
View attachment 949720
This is the Apologetics forum isn't it?
No. Its the Atheist/Agnostic/Apologetic Forum.
Christian apologetics
(Greek: ἀπολογία, "verbal defence, speech in defence") is a branch of Christian theology that defends Christianity against objections.
Just curious -
Whats your definition of defence? Its used twice in the definition you supplied.
Its definition is a real big clue.
Personally I don't mind these "off forum" types of questions as long as Christians don't mind if the other 2/3rds of the forum chime in.

However I don't think its unreasonable to expect EVERYONE to understand what Apologetics is if your going to assume the role of an Apologetic.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
No. Its the Atheist/Agnostic/Apologetic Forum.

Just curious -
Whats your definition of defence? Its used twice in the definition you supplied.
Its definition is a real big clue.
Personally I don't mind these "off forum" types of questions as long as Christians don't mind if the other 2/3rds of the forum chime in.

However I don't think its unreasonable to expect EVERYONE to understand what Apologetics is if your going to assume the role of an Apologetic.
Walt, please for the love of all who are undecided and defensive..., do not interrupt this magnificent display of in depth Apologetic discussion. I have been on the edge of my seat since A-SFD originally posted and then was backed up with phenomenal defenses by A-j_seph and A- Brother David.
Allow yourself to immerse into their talents as they showcase their abilities.

ambush80

Walt, please for the love of all who and undecided and defensive..., do not interrupt this magnificent display of in depth Apologetic discussion. I have been on the edge of my seat since A-SFD originally posted and then was backed up with phenomenal defenses by A-j_seph and A- Brother David.
Allow yourself to immerse into their talents as they showcase their abilities.

I get what you're doing. Just make sure that your sarcasm doesn't give them fuel to say "See what they're like!?!"

WaltL1

Let us know when you are going to start. Don't wanna miss that!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I get what you're doing. Just make sure that your sarcasm doesn't give them fuel to say "See what they're like!?!"
Listen, they do not let facts get in the way any other time. They will say whatever makes sense in their minds. They post things, the things they post are quoted, and they still continue on as if they said something else.
As if they ever said a kind or truthful thing about me or "they" anyway.
Heck, A-j_seph just informed that I am an atheist. I never knew!! I shall stick around for the information alone!!!

I am truly interested in watching a few TRUE Apologists go to work.
I can only imagine that the hold up is due to homework being done, facts being checked and re-checked and any moment Michael Buffer is gonna flick the mic on and announce when this display of raw yet refined apologetic talent is going to commence apoloprostylsermonAtizing

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Let us know when you are going to start. Don't wanna miss that!
He has the VIGOR to defend Christianity against like minded believers! Awe inspiring.