John Deere mulching attachment

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I have been completely happy with my JD mower but the plastic mulching attachment isn’t durable enough. Pine cones, acorns, etc eventually wear it out and it starts breaking into pieces. This was my quick improvised solution until I can make a permanent one from aluminum bar stock! :LOL:
IMG_0481.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have been completely happy with my JD mower but the plastic mulching attachment isn’t durable enough. Pine cones, acorns, etc eventually wear it out and it starts breaking into pieces. This was my quick improvised solution until I can make a permanent one from aluminum bar stock! :LOL:
View attachment 1276598
At work, we make them up ourselves from heavy-gauge expanded metal with an angle iron frame. Lets the air out and keeps most of the stuff in. Put that on there and a set of Gator Blades, and you've got it covered.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
At work, we make them up ourselves from heavy-gauge expanded metal with an angle iron frame. Lets the air out and keeps most of the stuff in. Put that on there and a set of Gator Blades, and you've got it covered.
Yeah, something like that is what I was thinking. I planned on aluminum just because its easier for me to work with. If you get a chance, take a pic for me. I'd like to see how someone else did it to give me some ideas.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, something like that is what I was thinking. I planned on aluminum just because its easier for me to work with. If you get a chance, take a pic for me. I'd like to see how someone else did it to give me some ideas.
When I get back after holiday break, I will. Remind me if I forget.