Jon Boat Project

jmharris23

You did a great job!

T_LAND

ME , Being a " WAR EAGLE FAN " ......... I like what you did with the boat ! You should be proud ! Can you tell how long it took and how much it cost approximately ? This would be a good character building project for me and my son.

wareagle228

I had most everything I needed. For carpet, plywood and a few odd and ends I spent no more the 300.00. I had and old fiberglass bass boat that I striped down everything on it and that saved me alot. The carpet was the biggest thing. I got it at lowes (17 ft. for around 90.00).

Very nice job! So do you think that it would make a big difference between 1448 to 1648. I really like the Tracker Grizzley and would like to set one up like this. Would two 50 lb motors move it alright?

wareagle228

The extra 2' is worth it I think. I love the grizzley too. I just didnt have the cash to buy one and i cam across this boat. I plan to have 2 50 lb motors on the back of mine and the 40 lb on the front. I have just the 1 50 lb on the back. The 40 and 50 moves mine just fine. Good luck with yours let me know if you have any questions.
Robert

ugabowhunter

what type batts are those? group 29 or 31?
nice job on the boat too. thanks for taking the time and effort to post the pics on here.

wareagle228

The grey ones are MK POWERED gel batts. They are group 31's. The black one I am not sure who or what it is. I got it from my brother-n-law. It is a 12v gel also. I run my graph and pump off of it and have not had any problems. I got the grey ones from a guy selling them on craigslist.com. They are great! I can fish all day and still run strong going back to the ramp. Thanks for all of your comments. I am really happy with the way the boat turned out.
Robert

12v vs 24v trollers

You might try a 24v troller if you're wanting to really cruise. The 12's can only turn so many rpm's. Also, if you're in severe weeds, the torque of the 24v will rip up anything you can get it into.

Very professional rigging work wareagle!

I'll try to get some up close photos of mine. No carpet or deck-work and I've got a little ways to go (aluminum floor being the major thing, those weld-bilt ribs are REAL tripworthy). My live well is a 40 gallon vest bait tank which would probably hold 100 1 lb bass alive just fine.

wareagle228

I took the boat to Charlie Elliott today. THe wind was blowing alittle but I caught 6 and 4 of them were keepers. Here is a pic. of the boat in the water.
Robert

Attachments

• boat project 023.jpg
    boat project 023.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 3,396

Cameron197

I'll get some pics of the "Ole' Fishin' Yacht" and post them in the morning. I got to pull it out of the garage and clean it off before Sunday's big event! I think I have a before Pic and you can see the 1st version.

Cameron

tonyf

Cameron197, the boat looks good. Did you take any pics while you were building the decks?