Just another pork cook...

Triple C

With the exception of breakfast cooks, seems bout all I ever post is yard birds n porker cooks cause that's bout the extent of my grillin' skills. So here's another pork cook I did for the crew on Saturday as we celebrated an early Father's Day. Ate pretty good. Got started early Saturday morning and carried the grillin' stuff down to the cooking pavilion. Fired the Treager up bout 5:45 a.m. and prepared my meat.
BBQ pavillion.jpg

Started with a 6.5 lb butt and a nice rack of baby backs.
Naked butt.jpgNaked ribs.jpg

Got em rubbed up and ready for the grill. Put the butt on bout 6:00 a.m. and set temp to 200 degrees since I had plenty of time on my hands. Decided to do a real slow cook to see if I could tell a difference.
Butt on grill.jpg

Bout 9:00 a.m., 3 hrs after the butt had been on, I put the ribs on the grill.
Ribs rubbed.jpg

With the temp maintaining bout 200 degrees, wife and I left and did some running around for a few hours. By the time we got back it was time to wrap the butt and the ribs. Here's a pic of the butt just before wrapping. It'd been smoking at 200 for close to 7 hrs.
Butt prior to wrapping.jpg

Wrapped the ribs in foil and let em go for another 2 hrs. Placed the ribs back on the grill naked for one more hr of cooking and sauced them with Mudd Sauce a couple of times during the last hr of the cook. A co-worker turned me on to Mudd Sauce mopping sauce. It's made by a local guy in Lindale, GA. I'm far, and I mean far from a grilling expert but I swear, this stuff is righteous. Crew said it was the best ribs I'd ever cooked. I'd highly recommend it if you like to sauce your ribs during the last hr or 2 of your cook.

Here's a pic of the 2nd time I sauced them bout 20 or 30 minutes before I took em off.
Ribs sauced.jpg

Mudd Sauce
Mud Sauce.jpg

While all this cooking was going on I checked trail cams. Liked this pic from one of our secluded plots back on the property. Deer happy munching on ladino clover.
Deer in horse shoe.jpg

Took everything off and let the butt rest for bout an hour. Shredded it with a couple of forks and added my usual suspects for sides - green beans, slaw, grillin' beans and chips. Ate pretty durn good.
Plated.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man alive that looks good! I can almost smell it from here! :clap:

GA1dad

Shoot yeah,, I'd love a plate of that goodness!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I never get tired of seeing your cooks!!!!! That looks like top shelf eats to me!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Duff

Wow, Mr C!!! That looks out of this world!!!!

Dub

Super looking meal......awesome job cooking it.

You got some super results. That pellet grill gets locked in and lets the magic happen.

That's a cook done in Paradise, too.

Even the deer are eating good !! Sweet looking plot of clover. Your work is paying off and they are loving that stuff.

Triple C

Thanks for kind words folks! The outdoor cafe and food plotting threads is what keeps many of us active between now and deer season. 2 sections I visit most everyday when I can is to see what folks are serving up in the cafe and what folks are doing on their property.

Try to avoid those corn/baiting threads...:deadhorse: