Kansas

zmgsvt

We applied as a group and got drawn for muzzleloader tags in unit 12. Have another couple that applied as a group with everyone having a point and didn't get drawn.

mike1225

Muzzleloader. If we don't get one early we can go back in rifle season with our muzzleloader. That's my best buck. I've hunted 2 or 3 bigger but couldn't see them in daylight.

zmgsvt

Muzzleloader. If we don't get one early we can go back in rifle season with our muzzleloader. That's my best buck. I've hunted 2 or 3 bigger but couldn't see them in daylight.

That's the plan. Going in September, will go back in December if necessary

uturn

Talked to a buddy here today…he and his group did not pull a tag this year 1st time in 5 yrs! Think there is 4 of them.

uturn

You can go back on an archery tag too!

mike1225

You can go back on an archery tag too!
I'd have to check on that. I never knew that I could do anything but early muzzlelaoder & then hunt rifle season with my muzzleloader.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Four of us hunt together. 2020 4 out of four drew tags. 2021 2 out of 4 drew tags. 2022 4 out 4 drew tags. This year 2 out 4 drew tags. I was not one of them. I know of at least 10 people that drew with no preference points this year. It's hard for me to figure it out. This was my deer last year & a trail cam pic from the year before. He jumped about 20-25 inches.
Wow
That’s a deer of a lifetime! Bow or rifle? What did he score

mike1225

Thanks. Muzzleloader. Gross 176. I don't worry about nets.

mike1225

2012 Muzzleloader Gross 167

Attachments

• 2012-09-22 20.45.45-2.jpg
    2012-09-22 20.45.45-2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 42

GBLGBL

I heard from someone that applied as a group...card charged up front the small amount and then when they were selected one of the groups card was either declined or expired and it caused the entire group to get declined. Ouch
That's exactly what happened to our group. So, we will be giving this one individual a VERY hard time during the entire Ga deer season, lol.

brownceluse

I paid for the prefrence point for next season hoping that I can get a tag. It will be my first trip to Kansas so I wanted to make sure I drew a tag. I'll make sure my profile stays updated.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I got a lifetime license when I left Ks 18 years ago.
There was a push for awhile to let landowners transfer their landowner/tenant tags to nonresidents (like New Mexico elk tags).
Has anything come of that legislation?

Jeetdawg

There was a push for awhile to let landowners transfer their landowner/tenant tags to nonresidents (like New Mexico elk tags).
According to my landowner, they did not pass it during this legislative session. He was hoping they would, but did not happen.

livetohunt

That would be one of the quickest ways to destroy the buck age structure and Kansas for upper end bucks. It seems like Kansas agrees and has now started limiting nonresidents instead of increasing them.

mike1225

Our group all got a point last year and none drew a tag this year. Now we all have 2 points for next season. Fingers crossed....
Did Y'all apply for the adjoining units or stick with only the unit you hunt. If you did you must be in a very popular area. I didn't draw this year but I sure hope I draw next year.

rawolfee

Did Y'all apply for the adjoining units or stick with only the unit you hunt. If you did you must be in a very popular area. I didn't draw this year but I sure hope I draw next year.
We applied as a group for units 3 and 7. The property we are hunting crosses unit lines so we could have gone to either one. We didn't draw for either unit.

mike1225

We applied as a group for units 3 and 7. The property we are hunting crosses unit lines so we could have gone to either one. We didn't draw for either unit.
It might get to the point we have to have 2 or more points for the all the units.

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
I got an email saying I was drawn for Kansas, but still have not got my tags in the mail ? Has everyone who got drawn got there’s yet? I’m going early on a muzzleloader hunt going to call tomorrow

uturn

I got an email saying I was drawn for Kansas, but still have not got my tags in the mail ? Has everyone who got drawn got there’s yet? I’m going early on a muzzleloader hunt going to call tomorrow
You can reach out to Kansas DNR and they will tell you…I have spoken with folks there everytime I’ve called they even called me back before when I left a message…good luck! No place like Kansas